Does Daz Studio auto adjust texture based on camera distance?

oppai-manoppai-man Posts: 56

Hi all,

I'm used to working with real-time 3D game engines, and they can reduce a texture automatically if they are far from the camera (it does the same with the geometry). Can Daz Studio do the same?

If not, what alternatives do I have?

I heard about a Scene Optimizer plugin, but I don't know in which cases I should use a 4k texture or a 2k texture.

I'm making 1920x1080 static renders that include some face close-up shots, some shirt close-up shots, some pants close-up shots, and other times, I render the character from top to bottom as a whole.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

No.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Yes it can.

Studio has a LoD system built into it, but only Victoria 4 and Michael 4 have LoD mesh, you would need to make your own for every other mesh you have.

3Delight can't use the texture formats you get with content, so it converts it all into temporary TDL files, these are a mip-mapped TIF format, and at different distances from the camera the further down the mips 3Delight uses.

With Iray however I very much doubt if any of that still works.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

it loads dds images and they have mip maps

whether or not it uses them I don't know but since mip mapping was added by DAZ to Carrara in its final version 7 years ago (not dds import sadly) I wouldn't be suprised if they added it to studio too.