Has Anybody succefully got DSON Importer to work with Poser Pro 2014?

RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Has Anybody succefully got DSON Importer to work with Poser Pro 2014? And if so how did you do it? Or does it simply not work? I'm day 2, 15th hour of trying to get this importer to work with no success.

Comments

• TalonGETalonGE Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I haven't been able to get it to function properly with Poser Pro 2012,... one figure inserted and the library locks up and won't perform any other functions as long as that figure is present in the workspace.

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Yeah they need to work on making their products more streamlined, more user friendly, press one button and your done sort of thing. like a simple installation process that takes care of all the tedious file creation, file placement, downloading, directory changing, to make it easier and reduce set up errors, and to just to make this thing work. I was going to spend a lot of cash at Daz, but since this doesn't work, I wont buy anything. I bet their loosing out on a lot of money because of poorly built, confusing plugins like these.

edited December 1969

My progress so far:
    I've jumped through all the hoops the tutorials point out and still nothing. My current progress; The DSON plugin shows up in my scripts in Poser, I created a folder outside on my desktop where I copy and pasted all the necessary files (Gen Start Essentials, Genesis Start Essential for Poser CF, Gen 2 Female Poser CF, and Gen Male Poser CF. And I also mapped my Poser content in Poser, The library shows up, the characters will load and the morph dials will come up, The problem is when I go to the materials tab to load a skin color, a window pops up asking to locate the jpg material file for each body part, or it will load something, but turns the charter completely black, and when I render this is no skin applied just the default. Who ever made this program needs to make it more user friendly, this is why over time I have shied away from Daz and moved to Poser.

edited June 2014

TalonGE said:
    I haven't been able to get it to function properly with Poser Pro 2012,... one figure inserted and the library locks up and won't perform any other functions as long as that figure is present in the workspace.

I came across some overly confusing explanation post that seemed to mention library freezing and to uncheck something, not quite sure what it was talking about, the info is about half way down the post. Link: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9860/
    On the topic of their tutorials when heck are these from the turn of the millennium? Come on Daz update your tutorials, make some new videos at least, what am I paying a monthly fee for... geez.

Post edited by RFB532 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited December 1969

On Library freezing: go to Scripts>DSON Support>Importer Preferences and uncheck Show progress during Import.

If you are getting prompts for textures that usually indicates either a packing problem with the item you are using or that you have the path set up incorrectly - are these the base materials, or are they materials from an add-on?

• mwilson123077mwilson123077 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

I have.

My issue was when I was installing it I was installing it to where all of my other items were at
    C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/Poser Pro 2014 Content.

I had to actually install it at:
    C;/Program Files/Smith Micro/Poser Pro2014 under the runtime folder there.

I love being able to import, but a problem I have is that it seems to be really memory hungry and it slows down Poser Pro even if I delete something after I load it.

Let me know if this helps.