dforce locks up

New to dforce so I tried to follow the short tutoril exactly:  created a generic G3F figure, applied a dforce compatible garment, posed the figure, opened the simulate panel and clicked simulate.  This is what I got:

(File added)

It simply stays there forever.  If I click cancel, close or anywhere else, I get the message DAZ isn't responding and have to close the program.  I've tried it with several different outfits with the same result.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Brian

dforce.JPG
742 x 644 - 81K

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

What version of DS are you running?

Also no idea what tutorial you found by G3 figure and dForce garment? I'm sure there are some but dForce is mostly a G8 thing.

Since I strongly suspect that you are running a Mac, that looks like a Mac UI, I suggest you look up how to update your Mac OpenCL driver.

If that doesn't turn out to be an issue then stop trying something that may be too much for your machine, some sort of laptop I assume, and try this.

Create a sphere primitive and a plane primitive. Move the plane above the sphere. Make the plane a dynamic dForce surface. simulate. If the plane doesn't drape ove the sphere then you have an issue.

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

Also no idea what tutorial you found by G3 figure and dForce garment? I'm sure there are some but dForce is mostly a G8 thing.

Adding dForce to any garment (or any other object), regardless of generation, is a trivial task: select the garment, right-click on the Simulation tab, scroll to Add dForce Modifier in the popup, and select the type of modifier (static surface, dynamic surface, dynamic surface addon). DS doesn't care what generation the garment or the figure it's fit to are. As long as the surface of the garment is closed (no unwelded polys or vertices, which isn't necessarily the case with earlier gen garments or even non-dForce g8 garments), the garment will dForce just fine.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

A tutuorial telling someone to just try random garments hoping they won't explode is about as bad as there can be.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

What OS are you using and what are your machines specs?

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited October 2020

I am facing the same issue with dForce as briwri01. I seems, that it appeared after I had installed Daz3D 4.12.

I have got a HP ProBook 470 G4 notebook, Windows 10 Pro, 8 GB RAM.

Thank you for any hint.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Electro-Elvis "a HP ProBook 470 G4 notebook, Windows 10 Pro, 8 GB RAM"

8GB is marginal at best. The notebook is probably usinfg the pagefile. Depending on how much space in on your drive, the machine is likely struggling.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I am facing the same issue with dForce as briwri01. I seems, that it appeared after I had installed Daz3D 4.12.

I have got a HP ProBook 470 G4 notebook, Windows 10 Pro, 8 GB RAM.

Thank you for any hint.

Few things:

Do you have an updated Nvidia driver? 4.12 requires a recent video driver.

8 Gb is really tight for DS.  If you can manage an upgrade, that would be helpful.

In Simulation Settings > Advanced Tab: What is shown as OpenCL device?

Hide hair during simulation.  I wouldn't try dForcing hair with 8 Gb ram. 

Simulate one garment at a time.  If there are multiple dForce garments, simulate them in order of closest to furthest, and then freeze simulation for each garment in Parameters tab after simulating before simulating the next.

• @fastbike1, Sevrin: Thank you very much for your hints. Dforce is running again on my system, though I have just 8 GB RAM. But I am going to increase it (if possible) to 16 GB.