DSON Poser Importer Problems

RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
edited June 2014 in Poser Discussion

I have been messing with DSON importer trying to get DAZ stuff into Poser 2014. I regret even trying to do this because I knew it would suck! Sorry had to rant.
But my problem is, I got everything required installed based on the funky tutorial DAZ provides, I downloaded all the necessary packs, plus DSON installer, got the latest drivers for poser and latest DSON. DSON shows up in the scripts and the Daz people show up in my library,
The problem is when I go to load them, It will either briefly load, and no character loads up, or usually it will say "please locate (Face or head or butt) jpg" I'm assuming it cant find the materials for it. Any ideas? thanks

Post edited by RFB532 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install both the DSON Core and PoserCF for the items?

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
    edited June 2014

Thanks for the reply "DSON Core?" Are you referring to the DSON Importer for Poser? If so, yes I installed the latest program and also tried the Beta version. As far as the content packs; Genesis Starter Essentials Poser CF, Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials Poser CF, and Genesis male Starter Essentials Poser CF. I tried getting the content into the runtime different ways with no success.

Post edited by RFB532 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply "DSON Core?" Are you referring to the DSON Importer for Poser? If so, yes I installed the latest program and also tried the Beta version. As far as the content packs; Genesis Starter Essentials Poser CF, Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials Poser CF, and Genesis male Starter Essentials Poser CF. I tried getting the content into the runtime different ways with no success.

You need to install "Genesis Starter Essentials" as well as "Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF", etc.

edited December 1969

Ok, this is where I'm not clear, is what your saying take non Poser files "Genesis Starter Essentials" and install them into the Poser Runtime folder? As for the other files "Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF”, etc. I already installed those. Thanks

edited December 1969

Ok, this is where I'm not clear, is what your saying take non Poser files "Genesis Starter Essentials" and install them into the Poser Runtime folder? As for the other files "Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF”, etc. I already installed those. Thanks

Install to the folder containing the runtime folder -- there will be a runtime folder as well as a data folder which needs too stay outside of Runtime

edited June 2014

Ok, vague explanation, nothing worked at all.

Post edited by RFB532 on