How to graft Fae Wings for Genesis 8?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,300

I clicked the script to graft the torso patch and it says click Genesis 8 figure.

I select the Genesis 8 figure then click the script, and it says it needs a graft texture

I see no instructions on how to do graft the texture. 

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2020

"This script requires a graft to exist, load one of the grafts and try again."

Post edited by RexRed on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,262
    edited August 2020

Going by the product page, looks like the wings are geografts. One loads the wings, then using the script copy any character texture settings directly onto the geograft for seamless blending with the character.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

II know there is a way to do it automatically but there is no place to do it.

Going by the product page, looks like the wings are geografts. One loads the wings, then using the script copy any character texture settings directly onto the geograft for seamless blending with the character.

Hello Catherine, you are being very helpful but I think I need a bit more information.

I run the graft script and it tells me I need to select a Genesis 8 character. I select my character and then run the script and then it tells me This script requires a graft to exist, load one of the grafts and try again

there is no place to input any information that I can see the script just closes.

The section between my character and the wings has no skin texture.  

• not certain how the set works, but for most of them, you select your figure, load in the wings, then select the figure and run the script, make sure the wings are parented to the g8 figure before running the mat transfer script

Thanks Skink, I tried that, it is still not working, I am wondering if this graft is not compatable with Kasper. I will try a different figure.

Nope same thing. It is weird but one figure worked, I don't know what I did to make it work though...  not sure why but I can't get another figure to work. I have been 7 hours trying to figure this out.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I do not have this product, but from the file list I can see that there is a wearable preset for the wings. Genesis 8 should be selected, then apply the wearable preset. The script to copy is most likely looking for a hierarchical structure with the fae wings parented and fit to Genesis 8. Fit To will merge the geograft, and parented assures the hierarchy. Then try the copy script with Genesis 8 selected.

I will try that thank you North... :) 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,386
    edited August 2020
    RexRed said:

I clicked the script to graft the torso patch and it says click Genesis 8 figure.

I select the Genesis 8 figure then click the script, and it says it needs a graft texture

I see no instructions on how to do graft the texture. 

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

I did a little test run; I realize I had this product and had never used it!

1. I made a generic G8 male elf, dressed him and attached the wings (make sure you use the wings for G8 male)
    2. I added the Mats for the wings and reselected the elf
    3. I selected the script for G8M (there are two and the one for G8F won't work on G8M)
    4. Voila!

FaeWings.jpg
    1545 x 1141 - 374K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

WOW that is beautiful! Mine doesn't work like that, I get errors.

I will spend a lot more time on this till i figure it out.

It worked once for Bentley but not for Kasper and not for the basic Gen 8 character and I used the male script for both the wings and the graft. :(  

RexRed said:

WOW that is beautiful! Mine doesn't work like that, I get errors.

I will spend a lot more time on this till i figure it out.

It worked once for Bentley but not for Kasper and not for the basic Gen 8 character and I used the male script for both the wings and the graft. :(  

Make sure you use the right script and don't have the graft selected.... The error suggest that it is the wrong script.

Okay it worked for Kasper.

I did as you said put him in the scene did not pose him first, put on the wings then put the materials on the wings then ran the script and it worked!  

Then I added a second figure into the scene and tried to run the script and got the same error.

So the problem is the script only works with one figure in the scene.

I have to save the figure and then create a second one with the script then load in the first figure.

edited August 2020

I thought I would try again with Kasper for Owen 8; the only G8M Kasper I have:

wingsredux.jpg
    1545 x 1141 - 669K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on