Geografts no longer replacing underlying part -- please help

All of a sudden -- and I do mean all of a sudden; this change appears to have worked my way backward into existing scenes I did months ago -- the texture colors for geografts in my scenes have gone nuts. Perfectly functional characters are now showing up with super dark (or in one case hot pink) geografts such as the G8 genitalia.

At the same time, I'm noticing that the grafts are no longer replacing their original parts. My understanding of geografts is that they're supposed to replace the original, and they always did before. Now I get mesh collisions between the original part and the new geograft.

I can't help but think the two are connected -- maybe there's a transparency/opacity issue at work, with the graft allowing pass-through that works just fine when the underlying part is is gone but causes big problems when it's still there. Playing with removing the figure while leaving a graft bears this out: the graft is the proper color while the figure isn't there, but then becomes super-dark when it has to overlay the original mesh.

Any ideas why this would be? I'm starting to tear my hair out. 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Check which tool is active, if it's the geometry editor for example it will show all geometry.

• hadavarhadavar Posts: 25

My goodness! Got it in one. That seems to be the "problem" exactly. Thanks, Leana.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,900

FYI dForce hair also won't appear in the viewport, or if I remember correctly even render, if you have that tool active.

• hadavarhadavar Posts: 25

Duly noted, Gordig. I'll keep an eye out for that as well. Thanks.