dForce Car Girl Outfits Textures

Maybe I'm not totally awake yet, but the hidden directions about how the textures should be installed is terribly confusing: "Textures are broken into several installers. Merge the images from CWG Outfit A 1 and 2 into the main 'CWG Outfit A' folder in Runtime>Textures Folder. For Outfit B Copy the 'CWG Outfit B' folder to be in the same folder structure as 'CWG Outfit A', and then merge the images from CWG Outfit B 1 into that folder."

DIM has installed all them into the main Content/My Library folder. How exactly are we suppose to know which files go where if we use DIM? If we don't use DIM, what should the folder structure look like? Not sure why the install file can't put things where they need to go, and we have to do it ourselves.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053

maybe those are just the manual install instructions for those not using DiM?

• Angela3DAngela3D Posts: 77

The DIM installed 400+ textures into my main 'content/my library' folder.  They aren't in the texture folders where they should be. So I'm assuming that the instructions are for both.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053
    Angela3D said:

The DIM installed 400+ textures into my main 'content/my library' folder.  They aren't in the texture folders where they should be. So I'm assuming that the instructions are for both.

well someone at QA isn't doing their job surprise

• /Runtime/Textures/CWG Outfit A/ etc. are folders within a content directory, My Library is a content dirctory (though not the oen DIM uses by default). It's not clear from your description that anything is failing to work - are you actually getting errors?

/Runtime/Textures/CWG Outfit A/ etc. are folders within a content directory, My Library is a content dirctory (though not the oen DIM uses by default). It's not clear from your description that anything is failing to work - are you actually getting errors?

I haven't actually tried using the additional textures, because I'm just assuming from the extra directions, that some of the textures should be put into "CWG Outfit B 1" (which I'm confused where to put), and 400+ textures were put into the MAIN content folder.  They are not in the runtime, or textures folders.

I suppose I could just try them and see where the textures are being called for from and put them there.  The directions aren't really clear, and there is nothing on the main page about having to do things manually.

To update ..All the additional Iray Material duf's are giving this error: 

2020-08-02 11:16:18.055 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.

So I think there either needs to be more clear instructions where to manually put the texture files, or someone needs to make actual zip files with the textures where they should go. It's a real head scratcher why that wasn't done in the first place.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Angela3D "There are 220 One-click Outfit presets in this product"

DIM put the textures where they should be. In my case "My DAZ3D Library>People>Genesis 8 Female>Clothing>Linday>dForce Car Girl Outfit >Iray Materials > CG Outfit A , or CG Outfit B, or CG Shoes, or Outfit Presets. Then subdivides them further since there are so many options. 

IMHO, trying to install manually is asking for trouble. There were 5 downloads for the texture expansion alone.

edited August 2020
    fastbike1 said:

@Angela3D "There are 220 One-click Outfit presets in this product"

DIM put the textures where they should be. In my case "My DAZ3D Library>People>Genesis 8 Female>Clothing>Linday>dForce Car Girl Outfit >Iray Materials > CG Outfit A , or CG Outfit B, or CG Shoes, or Outfit Presets. Then subdivides them further since there are so many options. 

IMHO, trying to install manually is asking for trouble. There were 5 downloads for the texture expansion alone.

I didn't install them manually.  I let the DIM install them. The base textures for the clothing is in the correct place.  The extra textures (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-car-girl-outfits-texturesare not.

Post edited by Angela3D on
    edited August 2020

Uninstalled, and reinstalled WITH the DIM (again) and here is where it put the 400+ textures (again). @fastbike1 How exactly did you get the DIM to install yours into the correct folders?

Clipboard01.jpg
    933 x 666 - 263K
  • kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

The product is broken. QA fouled up. I submitted a ticket. So should you. so should everyone who bought this. This is not how products should be installed nor how presets should be setup

The product is broken. QA fouled up. I submitted a ticket. So should you. so should everyone who bought this. This is not how products should be installed nor how presets should be setup

Thanks, I plan on it.

I'm still not sure how @fastbike1 got the DIM to install to different folders than the zip points to, considering the zip file for DIM and the manual zip are exactly the same and point to the main Content folder. I've been a 3d user/vendor for 20+ years, so I think I'm slightly familiar with how zip files work. Lol

Angela3D said:

Thanks, I plan on it.

I'm still not sure how @fastbike1 got the DIM to install to different folders than the zip points to, considering the zip file for DIM and the manual zip are exactly the same and point to the main Content folder. I've been a 3d user/vendor for 20+ years, so I think I'm slightly familiar with how zip files work. Lol

No idea either. DIM put them where you say they do. Product is broken and I'm not manually fixing it. I paid for a working product. QA should have caught this.

• Angela3D said:

2020-08-02 11:16:18.055 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.

That's a Hierarchical Materials preset - it will affect the named item(s) parented to a specific figure. If the items are not parented, or if they have been converted to a different base figure (e.g. via AutoFit) then you will get that message. In itself it doesn't indicate an error, unless the items are parented to the figure they claim to be made for, and wouldn't be caused by files being in the wrong place on disc.

Angela3D said:

So I think there either needs to be more clear instructions where to manually put the texture files, or someone needs to make actual zip files with the textures where they should go. It's a real head scratcher why that wasn't done in the first place.

edited August 2020
    Angela3D said:

That's a Hierarchical Materials preset - it will affect the named item(s) parented to a specific figure. If the items are not parented, or if they have been converted to a different base figure (e.g. via AutoFit) then you will get that message. In itself it doesn't indicate an error, unless the items are parented to the figure they claim to be made for, and wouldn't be caused by files being in the wrong place on disc.

Angela3D said:

Yeah I just had the skirt in the scene at the time, to test out the material files. As I've said though, 400+ files are unzipping/installing to the wrong place. Here's one screencap, which is what they all say.  It's because the zip/DIM installs them to the wrong place.

Clipboard02.jpg
    772 x 691 - 148K
  • valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519

For what is worth, until ticket support team chimes in and files get fixed and updated, those who bought the texture expansion will have 5 files available for download and this is how to fix them:

• IM00071835-01_dForceCarGirlOutfitsTextures - this one checks out alright
    • IM00071835-02_dForceCarGirlOutfitsTextures - Textures are all under the content folder, they need moved through content directories into location Content>Runtime>Textures>Linday>Car Wash Girl Outfits>CWG Outfit A>   ...all textures go there.
    • IM00071835-03_dForceCarGirlOutfitsTextures - Textures are all under the content folder, they need moved through content directories into location Content>Runtime>Textures>Linday>Car Wash Girl Outfits>CWG Outfit A>   ...all textures go there.
    • IM00071835-04_dForceCarGirlOutfitsTextures - Textures are all under the content folder, they need moved through content directories into location Content>Runtime>Textures>Linday>Car Wash Girl Outfits>CWG Outfit B>   ...all textures go there.
    • IM00071835-05_dForceCarGirlOutfitsTextures - Textures are all under the content folder, they need moved through content directories into location Content>Runtime>Textures>Linday>Car Wash Girl Outfits>CWG Outfit B>   ...all textures go there.

I believe that's all from what I can tell sorted out like this presets all seem to work on my end. You're welcome ;)
    V.

Verica, you are amazing! Thank you SO much heart

Angela3D said:

Verica, you are amazing! Thank you SO much heart

You're most welcome! wink 

@Angela3D "I'm still not sure how @fastbike1 got the DIM to install to different folders"

I confess I didn't try to use the product, I just looked in the content Library for the clothing and it showed the items/folders as I described. When I use File Explorer to look in my content folder, the textures are located as you say. Apologies.

fastbike1 said:

@Angela3D "I'm still not sure how @fastbike1 got the DIM to install to different folders"

I confess I didn't try to use the product, I just looked in the content Library for the clothing and it showed the items/folders as I described. When I use File Explorer to look in my content folder, the textures are located as you say. Apologies.

No apology needed.  I thought you knew some trick that we didn't! :)

• Thanks a lot from me too heart

fastbike1 said:

IMHO, trying to install manually is asking for trouble. 

I just want to say, I've been installing content manually for 7 years now and haven't found trouble yet ;) Some of us just prefer organizing the content in our own way, call it "old school" if you will. Not that anything is wrong with any other way, anyone can do however they feel most comfortable, that's the beauty of it :)

Angela3D said:
    fastbike1 said:

No apology needed.  I thought you knew some trick that we didn't! :)

+1 for this, I'm glad we all agreed to have gotten the same file, and hopefully it's fixed fast :))

faromobil said:

Thanks a lot from me too heart

You're welcome! Happy to have found the quick solution :)

• Thanks folks! just had the same headache, but Valzheimer's manual install worked a treat. Cheers!

• Yep, worked for me as well. Thanks. Had some files that were overwritten but that might have been due to the order I manually moved stuff. I do think that the textures could have been a bit better organized. The whole product is super-heavy regarding file size and although I like the offered variety it is a little overwhelming to deal with it in smart content pane.

• Glad I'm not alone in this. I'm installing through the smart content manager and it's telling me files aren't found and that I need to update, but every time I update, it tells me to update again. Frustrating! Hopefully it gets officially fixed soon.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,204

There was an update.

But I just tried and it still throws out a bunch of couldn't find texture errors, so in essence, no.

Yeah still broken. As far as I can tell the update moved some files but actually put nothing in the right places.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206

How does something like this even happen? And how doesn't this get fixed, like, asap?

Let's see, fairly small company, global pandemic, people working from home, people out sick. If this is the biggest issue in peoples lives, they are blessed. 

Barubary said:

How does something like this even happen? And how doesn't this get fixed, like, asap?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    Barubary said:

Looking at Angela3D's list of filesizes, the placement of the files is not the only problem... If the rest of the files are the same, they will strain even the higher end systems - Remember, those are compressed sizes and in memory (RAM and VRAM) they are handled uncompressed.