Small primitive -10cm dforce not working - Solved

pascal023pascal023 Posts: 22

Hi,

My figure is laying flat on the ground. I just want to shut his mouth with some tapes :)

So when I create a primitive of 10cm and 50 Division, add dforce modifier-dynamic to the plane and drop it above the face of my figure, press simulate, woot it's working.

But now create a primitive 10cm,50 div, add dforce-dynamic to it, place it just above the face of my figure, but now, scaling the plane (smaller) and press simulate, the plane flies all over the screen, it is not dropping.

I've tried a couple of times now. Any ideas?

Post edited by pascal023 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    edited August 2020

With 10 cm and 50 divisions, that is 2 mm between vertices.

You didn't say how much smaller you scaled it, but for objects with too dense mesh (i.e. too short between vertices), dForce is not able to balance the forces, and therefore pushes the objest away.

So to get it working in a smaller size, I think you need to reduce number of divisions.

You could try to increase number of subframes, and see if more calculations can solve it.

Post edited by felis on
  • Thank you so much felis.

Reducing the numbers of division to 10 did the trick :)

• If you do need a finer mesh, make sure that the Simulation Offset (in the Surfaces pane) is smaller than the length of the edges - otherwise the offset is trying to stretch the edges out, adding more energy to the similation, and that is why it flies around (or explodes).

• Ok, I will have a closer look and experiment with some settings this evening.

Many thanks.