I'm at a loss what to do.

Yesterday I opened up Daz and started working like I always do, built a scene and merged one of my characters into it, put the charater into a pose, and the hands and feet were all messed up.  It happened once before so I selected all the bones in the feet and hands and hit the adjust rigging to shape, but it did nothing. I zeroed out my character and started to manually move the fingers and toes around, and they moved but it was all distorted. I tried character after character and everyone of them did the same(all gen 8 models female,  all Daz exclusive HD). I tried limits on, off. Tried adjusting rigging to shape. Then I thought maybe a file got corupted or something so I re-downloaded all the essentials packets that came with Daz and nothing changed. Scrapped everything and started building my characters once again from scratch. Finished one (Nora gen 8),  started moveing the toes and fingers around and everything looked good. Put the character in a couple of boxed poses and good as well. Saved as a scene subset like I have done before, and started building all my other characters. Built a scene, and merged my Nora model in and the exact same thing happened again. I put the character in a pose and the hands and feet got terribly distorted. Tried it with other characters and they all distorted as well. The Gen8 male seems to be fine. It's not just the pose because when I move the fingers and toes without a boxed pose, they distort the same way. The other thing that was different was the eyelashes and eybrows were not in the right place when I merged them into the scene. The eyelashes were in the middle of the pupil and the eybrows were high on the forhead. I can't remember what it was called but in the peramiters tab I had to switch it to Follow transoms or something like that, and they moved into place. Never had to do that before. I have been trying everything I can think of for the last  16 hours and I don't even know what to try anymore. I re-downloaded everything in my download manager(I assume Daz 4.12pro) was part of that and same situation. Build a character, works fine, save it to scene subset or even Actor and when I merge it back into a scene, the feet and hands are deformed. Any help would be a Godsend at this point. 

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Have you recently, as in since the last time G8F worked properly, installed a G8F morph or character product from anywhere?

• ? How are you posing your characters? One does not normally need to adjust rigging to mesh unless one is changing the rigging [not a posing tool].