Rotating a Texture Map Within DazStudio SOLVED

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

I've had to manually apply the maps of an imported file---a street---but the textures are 90 degrees off.

How exactly can I turn the map within Daz Studio so that it aligns appropriately? Or must I go to Photoshop?

Post edited by xyer0 on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited July 2020

I found you can flip an image by setting either the horizontal or vertical tiles to -1

90, 180 and 270 you can do using LIE (click the image in the surface property and select Layered Image Editor)

Any other rotation has to be done in a photo editor unfortunately

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • You can do arbitrary rotations ny manipulating the text coordinate values through Shader Mixer - there are examples for 3Delight, I think they should translate fairly easily for Iray.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Quick and dirty... In Surfaces tab, click at the thumbnail of the texture and you can find "Layered Image Editor", it will rotate the texture (for that instance)

If there are normal maps etc. the same has to be done with all of them.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

Thank you, all of you: @kaotkbliss, @Richard_Haseltine, & @PerttiA, for your responses. Quick and dirty LIE was my first choice, and it worked simply. Thanks for pointing out that the same needed to be done for the associated maps, @PerttiA. Bravo!

I'm intrigued about your mention of Shader Mixer, @Richard_Haseltine, and I'm hoping that may be helpful converting some Poser procedurals to Daz. But where, exactly, do I access it?

• Window>Panes(Tabs)>Shader Mixer

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

Window>Panes(Tabs)>Shader Mixer

Grazie!