Wearable preset loads new figure into scene

So I've got a strange problem with only two of my many wearable presets, instead of loading onto the selected figure they load an entirely new figure onto the scene. Usually an older version of the figure I made them for and not the most recent use of them. Does anyone happen to know of a fix for this without having to make the whole preset over again?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

You will have to re-save the preset, but you don't have to re-create it from scratch. You probably included the root node (the base figure) the first time you saved the wearable preset. Just load it up (with the unwanted figure) and save it again to overwrite the original, but deselect the base figure from the save options dialog and keep the rest. As long as the target figure is for the same generation, the preset should still load properly.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,235

This usually happens when you have one of the sub-items selected when you save the preset.
    Make sure you always have the figure selected when you save out a wearable.

• keithwolffkeithwolff Posts: 23

Thanks guys, I wouldn't have even thought of that

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Sorry to revisit this old thread but I have just come across the same problem. I am not really familiar with saving presets other than pose presets and scene subsets but I tried to save a dress as a wearable after adding dForce which was not there before. My saved wearable also loads the G8F figure with the dress.

Reading the posts above, the Esha and NorthOf45 advice seems to contractict each other. One says deselect the figure and the other says make sure it is selected.

• Different things, esha is talking about what is selected in the scene, NorthOf45 is talking about what is checked in the options dialogue.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Richard Haseltine said:

Different things, esha is talking about what is selected in the scene, NorthOf45 is talking about what is checked in the options dialogue.

Ahh right. Got it - thanks.