Anatomical elements

I recently purchased 2 pro bundles and when I go to put the anatomical elements on there they are just grey there is no color I know that I'm probably missing a step so before my 30 days is up I'd like to decide whether I want to keep this or not so please if I can get some help to explain what step I might be missing so that when render them they have a color of the rest of the model. Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

After you have applied it, you can select it in the scene tab, and go to materials and find and add a corresponding material.

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    felis said:

After you have applied it, you can select it in the scene tab, and go to materials and find and add a corresponding material.

Thank you , I will try it here shortly let you know how it goes.

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    felis said:

Thank you it worked great.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

One small gotcha to watch out for; there are two ways to set up materials to apply to the anatomical bits. Some characters don't include the textures at all (usually teens and younger, or toon characters). Some include separate materials settings for the figure and for the bits. Some use "Hierarchical Materials", which apply the proper settings to the figure, and to other objects parented to the figure. Usually this just means the eyelashes, but it's becoming more common to see "H. Materials" settings for the figure, the eyelashes, and the bits all at once. The gotcha is that the H. Materials setting must be applied to the figure, it doesn't work if you try applying it to any of the parented bits.

• felis said:

This did not work for me, though I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

I went to the scene tab, selected 'Genesis 8 Male Genitalia,' then went to Materials to add a skin. It went to the entire body, but not the genitals. Do you know what I could have done wrong?