Keyboard Not working at all

Hey there. I had this problem before so i moved on to the beta version of the software.

Now i have it again, i didnt update anything, it was working just an hour ago. My problem is that the program doesnt recognise any letter that i press on my keyboard.

For the record i can close it with alt+f4. The keyboard is fine, every other app is functioning well with it. But in daz the F3 etc. doesnt work, as if it doesnt even take in the input. It is pretty difficult to move around without wasd, and i dotn know what could have i possible pressed to get this behaviour.

Edit: I cant set shortcuts either with my keyboard, it doesnt see the input from pressing the letters.

Post edited by schumilex123456789 on

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

It did work at one time though?

The usual cause of this is another program is intercepting the keystrokes. alt-f4 cannot be intercepted as it is a system one. The trick is to figure out which one. This is usually some sort of overlay or the like. Is some screen capture or recording program running, or has been running?

In any case try this, reboot and the very first thing, don't open chrome or anything, open DS. If the keyboard shortcuts work then you know it isn't DS but something else.

• I played around with the mouse, i could assigne letters in the view control with the right mouse click change keyboard shortcut option, it recognized the movements like that.

But other stuff like delete / F3 still wont respond. Nothing is running besides daz studio, so i might have to try a reinstall.

Maybe somehow my settings got reset/removed due to a system error? I see that as an option as well.

I did use a screen recorder but the other day. I dont think that was the problem, since both softwares worked at the same time before.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

If you followed my instructions and Daz still didn't accept keyboard input the problem is Daz. assuming other programs are receiving keystrokes. But since you never clearly say you did so?

• Yeah i did, i dont know the cause but the delete function (and anything else that i dont set manually) is not working including natural shortcuts like ctr+z, maybe some registry files got corrupted.

• It may be worth removing

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/customactions.dsx

to see if DS will then reload the defaults.

• If this ever happens again to you or anyone else, try typing shift k. That turns keyboard navigation on and off. I just had the same problem and it worked for me.