Daz Studio on Catalina suddenly won't open any DS file, even one freshly saved

This just started suddenly overnight, after a long animation render. I had reverted to DS 4.11.0.383 because of all the animation bugs in 4.12, and it was working in Catalina, 10.15.5. Now, today, after absolutely nothing was changed, DS refuses to see, acknowledge the existence of, or open ANY of its .duf files. In the "Open ..." dialogue, ALL files in my saved DS files folders are greyed out. If I try to open one of them from the Finder, either by selecting "Open" for that file, or dragging it to the DS icon, DS opens but only with a blank new scene.

Yesterday it was working and I could open files. Today suddenly it isn't working.

I tried opening Read & Write permissions for everyone on all my saved files folders and all enclosed contents. Accomplished nothing.

The DS content, including Smart Content, is available and working. As a test, I loaded a car into a new scene, then immediately saved it. Then I selected "New," and when the scene cleared attempted to open the file I had just saved. It was greyed out in the "Open ..." dialogue.

I did this three times, each time saving to a different hard drive/folder, including my own Documents folder on the System drive. Nothing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DS 4.11.383 on the Catalina computer. Same thing. 

As a "control" test, I just ran DS 4.11.0.383 on my old iMac, running High Sierra, and it is able to open ALL the files that the same version of DS on Catalina 10.15.5 won't see at all, except as greyed-out files.

Does anybody know anyway to overcome this madness—that is NOT installing DS 4.12 on the Catalina computer? 

Comments

• Try dragging the saved files into the DS Viewport. This is a known issue under Catalina, fixing it was one of the updates in the 4.12.x.x releases - as far as I know the saving bug is in 4.12.1.x only, so 4.12.0.x should give you Catalina-compatibility without losing saved keys.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

Try dragging the saved files into the DS Viewport. This is a known issue under Catalina

Okay, dragging it to the viewport worked in 4.11 on Catalina. Thank you.

as far as I know the saving bug is in 4.12.1.x only, so 4.12.0.x should give you Catalina-compatibility without losing saved keys.

Well, now you've lost me. "Saving bug"? "Saved keys"? In any case, I don't have 4.12.0.x available to me because Daz makes sure we can't have access to earlier versions. But you know that.

• mavante said:

Try dragging the saved files into the DS Viewport. This is a known issue under Catalina

Okay, dragging it to the viewport worked in 4.11 on Catalina. Thank you.

as far as I know the saving bug is in 4.12.1.x only, so 4.12.0.x should give you Catalina-compatibility without losing saved keys.

Well, now you've lost me. "Saving bug"? "Saved keys"? In any case, I don't have 4.12.0.x available to me because Daz makes sure we can't have access to earlier versions. But you know that.

I thought the issue with certain properties losing their key-frames when saved to a scene might be your problem with 4.12.1.118. You can request an older version from support, via a ticket.