Crash when loading character

DAZ Studio 4.12.1.118 crashes to the desktop whenever I try to load a scene or charecter.  I am genrally using Genesis 8 derived charecters with morphs. Such as 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs for Genesis 8 Female(s)Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs and Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs

I am runing Windows 64 bit

Intel i7-8700K, 32GB

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Studio Driver 451.48

Generaly I find Daz Studio to be unstable.  It frequently crashes to the desktop without error message or warning. Then seeingly crashes more frequently.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Geneis 8 basic files and all the morph products - same result..

Does any body know how o fix this and stabilze the software ?

Attached is a log file of most recent crash.

Thanks in advance for any help.

txt
txt
Crash 7-21-2020.txt

Comments

• jimu-donojimu-dono Posts: 8
    So now I find that it crashes without loading anything. Simply moving the cube to change the view in the viewport caused a crash. Is there something wrong with my system ? Can anyone tell from the attached log ?
    txt
    txt
    7-22-2020 crash.txt
  • It doesdn't appear to have anything obviously related to the crashes. I would suggest trying to do a complete uninstall and reisntall of the video drivers (using DDU, probably).

Thanks Richard. I did that with DDU  and it did not help. I am using Studio Driver 451.48 which previosly worked fine.  I suspect a crashing video game messed everythin up?  Maybe I have to reinstall Windows ?

• jimu-dono said:

Thanks Richard. I did that with DDU  and it did not help. I am using Studio Driver 451.48 which previosly worked fine.  I suspect a crashing video game messed everythin up?  Maybe I have to reinstall Windows ?

I suppose it may come to that - it certainly isn't normal behaviour, and it does sound to be display-related.

Is there some magic setting in Nvidia control panel that should be made for DAZ Studio specially ?

• jimu-dono said:

Is there some magic setting in Nvidia control panel that should be made for DAZ Studio specially ?

Not in geenral, though if you have a CPU with its own GPU as well as the nVidia it's a good idea to make sure that DS iss et to use the nVidia device.