Backup Daz settings

I need to replace my OS drive and for the first time in a number of years I'm going to have to start from scratch and re-install everything. All my library content is on a 2nd drive. For Daz/Central/DIM etc. if I backup my c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Daz3D directory and restore it once Daz and Central is re-installed, will that set everything back to the way I had it?

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    Check where the CMS Content DB is located and also your DIM Manifest files - they may be on your OS drive and need backing up too.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    I believe that should have everything -- the only thing I'm not sure of is the list of Content Directories for DS, so take a snapshot of your Content Directory Manager with all 4 sections expanded just in case (the list for DIM is in that user tree). Make sure DS, DIM, and PostgreSQL aren't running in Task Manager before you copy anything.
  • vagansvagans Posts: 422
    MelanieL said:
    Check where the CMS Content DB is located and also your DIM Manifest files - they may be on your OS drive and need backing up too.

Thank you, I missed that one.

I believe that should have everything -- the only thing I'm not sure of is the list of Content Directories for DS, so take a snapshot of your Content Directory Manager with all 4 sections expanded just in case (the list for DIM is in that user tree). Make sure DS, DIM, and PostgreSQL aren't running in Task Manager before you copy anything.

Good idea, took a screen shot.

Appreciate the responses. I can always switch back to the old drive if critical but swapping NVMe drives is a pain.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    edited July 2020

Setup of new NVMe drive went well, Daz reinstalled and all previous settings restored fine. I also was able to return my Daz content to my main NVMe drive now that it's much larger and update my content directories without hassle.

Daz really need to work on Central. It installed the main Daz application ok but it doesn't install DIM nor is there any option in Central to install DIM so it has to be installed manually. Still need DIM becaues there are products I've purchased recently that simply don't show up in Central at all, like Scene Optimizer and Skin Builder 8. It's crickets from Daz on those issues, despite tickets and forum posts.

And for those who are interested, taking content from a slower 500Mbps SSD to a 3Gbps 650k IOPS PCIe3 NVMe drive makes practically no difference in Daz :)

Post edited by vagans on