take items

how can I take an object from the table like a glass that sticks to my hand?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Not sure what you want to do exactly, but if you just want it to follow the hand then parenting it to the hand should work.

• Leana said:

Not sure what you want to do exactly, but if you just want it to follow the hand then parenting it to the hand should work.

no, don't work

• Do you mean you want to chnage the parenting in mid animation? If so you can't literally do that - you need two sequences, one with the glass  not parented to the hand and one with it parented to the hand, then stitch them together after rendering. Although most of the high-end animation tools do now support animation of parenting it's actually a fairly recent addition for at least some of them, and not something that Daz Studio currently has.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,058

how can I take an object from the table like a glass that sticks to my hand?

You can do it just by using two pair of glasses, one parented on the hand and the other lying on the table. Just change the sizes of the two props accordignly to the motion.

For example, the parented on will be at size 0% at frame 0 and size 100% in the moment the glasses are "grabbed", make the opposite with the unparented ones, 100% at start and 0% when grabbed. Use the "Constant" tweener for those props.

• is very strange. I myself used the -daz studio 3d- 10 years ago and if I wanted to bend over, pass my hand under the belly of a dog and pull it up, I could have done it. it was enough to use "parent" or "group" I don't remember, but I tried to use "parent" "group" now and nothing happens. I found a tutorial on YouTube where D-Force is used to lift a skirt or tablecloth. the effect I'm looking for is similar.