[EDITED] Constantly disappearing mouse pointer in DAZ 4.14

mwasielewski1990mwasielewski1990 Posts: 330
edited December 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Thread edited. I updated DAZ from 4.12 to 4.14, and the good o'l disappearing mouse pointer returned!

Problem happens kinda randomly, when I manipulate the viewport with my mouse.

I've read numerous threads about this problem which dates back to years ago, but no reaction from the developers yet?

I am aware of the "workaround" (blindly navigating to the viewport draw options), but seriously, it's not that easy on a 4k monitor

Also, "showing mouse pointer when clicking CTRL" windows option is cumbersome, as I have to turn it off everytime I'm launching a game.

Any other ideas on how to get rid of it?

Cheers! :)

Post edited by mwasielewski1990 on

Comments

• EboniteEbonite Posts: 24
    edited July 2020

This happens to me as well.  When I accidentally press both mouse buttons my pointer vanishes.  If you move around the screen until you land on the view drop down menu, top right of your viewport. Click on it and your pointer should reappear.

As for 'why' it happens, it is above my pay grade.

Post edited by Ebonite on
  • DireWorksDireWorks Posts: 133

its an UI bug, also collapsing a tab group will restore the pointer

• Ebonite said:

This happens to me as well.  When I accidentally press both mouse buttons my pointer vanishes.  If you move around the screen until you land on the view drop down menu, top right of your viewport. Click on it and your pointer should reappear.

As for 'why' it happens, it is above my pay grade.

DireWorks said:

its an UI bug, also collapsing a tab group will restore the pointer

So this bug is new to the latest DAZ version, or have you had this problem before?