HELP: Changing Default install location of Daz3d using Daz Central

Hi,

How can I change the default Install location of the actual Daz3dStudo program in DazCentral?

I don't want it installed on my C drive

I already know how to change the install  location of my Daz content. Assuming it can be done the same as before when using Download Manager. I haven't gotten to that yet.

I messed up Daz3d Install when I tried to install DazCentral a few weeks ago. It went and installed Daz Studio on the C drive when I already had it installed somewhere else. Then I noticed even the download manager got messed up and redirected.

I uninstalled everythng Daz related and was able to get DazCentral installed where I want. But I don't see a way to do the same for Daz3d itself.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

There's a cogwheel icon which should open the settings panel where you can change install paths.

• changing these made all content and daz studio go to install... How do i fix this wiith out reinstalling every thing. i installed daz to d but it put my doenloads on my tiny c ssd anyway. when changing it to d it now thinks i have nothing installed and can not reassociate the old files...

• I would also like to not install Studio in the default location of C:\DAZ 3D but instead in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4. But when I choose this location in Daz Central and click the Install button to install Studio, I get the attached error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Screenshot Daz install.png
    515 x 163 - 19K
  • Daz Central installs everything to the same folder, and you really don't want content in the Program Files tree as Windows protects it from many operations (which is probably the cause of the error, since the base Daz Central doesn't have the needed privileges). If you want to split destinations up for different types use Install Manager https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

It is only recommended to limit yourself to 10 install paths that you can put content into but many users have more than that. DIM is very versatile and very customizable. This is the documentation on DIM if you want to look it over before installing it and such.