View Controls in the viewport...Right vs left

Is there anyway to get the cube view controls or even the docked view controls to sit on the left side of the viewport screen. Every time I open the scene tab the view controls (viewport) get covered over this has finally just become overly annoying. I need a solution other than opening a view tab itself, although I guess that works its just an ugly solution.

Comments

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442

Sorry ladies and gentlemen found an answer that works for me. Instead of just using the single view viewport.  I have discovered turning on the two right one left viewport options forces those cubes or docked view controls to remain visible when I open the scene tabs or any of the tabs on the right. It covers up the two right views on my monitor but its an acceptable solution to something that recently just really begun to bother me to no end.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

This sounds like a layout problem. I have a left dock of tabs and a right dock of tabs and my viewport is docked in the center. When I open a tab on the left or right side, that tab stays within the dock area and does not overlap into my viewport. Have you undocked some of your tabs?

• Close the two Shader panes that are docked with the Viewport

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

Close the two Shader panes that are docked with the Viewport

Yes, I did that to my layout long ago. That is probably why it works fine for me.
    @wscottart save a custom layout (Window>Workspace>Save Layout As...) after you make the changes that Richard recommended. Then you can reload that layout in the future.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited July 2020

"Close the two Shader panes that are docked with the Viewport"

Since I never use those two panes that solution works out perfectly.

barbult said:

Close the two Shader panes that are docked with the Viewport

Yes, I did that to my layout long ago. That is probably why it works fine for me.
    @wscottart save a custom layout (Window>Workspace>Save Layout As...) after you make the changes that Richard recommended. Then you can reload that layout in the future.

This is a must after every interface, or adding a custom script shortcut.

Thank you

Post edited by wscottart on