Purchased Stephanie 4 Elite - Not appearing in Figures

Okay, I've reviewed the Stephanie 4 Elite details (https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/9357/) and see there are 9 character morphs (head and body separate) in total:

• Stephanie
  • Caitlyn
  • Grace
  • Isabelle
  • Ella
  • Lily
  • Madeline
  • Natalie
  • Paige

In trying to add Stephanie 4, I've found that you have to add Victoria 4.2, which then will popup a dialog for selecting Stephanie. This, though, will not load Stephanie, it will load Victoria 4.2. In order to make her Stephanie, you have to then needle down through the Shaping tab morphs looking for Full Body, then slide it to 100%. This only changes her body, so then you have to click her head and then slide to 100%.

Body that is just a body morph, but it also shows different skin textures in the product shots, so I'm not even sure if there is a Stephanie 4 texture that should be applied instead of the base Victoria 4.2 textures.

Ultimately, I want to be able to just have Stephanie 4 appear as a figure in smart content area. Right now, it's a pain in the butt, and worse is that it's easy to overlook all the characters that are available. I want all 9 to appear in my figure area.

I've tried Save As -> Support Asset/Prop, which forced me to first do Edit -> Figure -> Rigging -> Convert Figure to Weight Mapping

I also tried Save As -> Character Preset.

Neither of these did anything that I can tell. I search through the Content Library, but didn't find these presets/assets anywhere.

On top of this, I have a bunch of other morphs for Victoria, Stephanie, and a host of others which do not appear as "Actors".

Help?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2020

Stephanie  (and others) are older Techiology   and will be found in  Poser formats

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/9357/start

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

As has been pointed out Steph is old tech, old Poser tech.

Steph doesn't have Metadata which means she wont show up in "Smart Content", neither does Aiko 4, The Girl 4, or She Freak 4, only Victoria 4 does. This inconsistency is why many of us old hands don't waste our time with the system, add in that we have stuff from all over the 3D universe that also doesn't have Metadata and you'll understand why.

Steph comes with a Poser CR2 file that loads V4 then applies the Stephanie 4 morphs to her, those other characters you mention have never had anything to load them with, so you are basically left with dial spinning.

You are also trying to save character presets the wrong way, with Poser content you want to be using the options under "File > Save As > Deprecated", or save it as a scene subset.

Steph also comes with 2 material presets, one uses the default 3DL shader, the other uses the Elite Human Surface Shader.

Now all of these files can only be found with the Content Library pane under Poser Formats.

• ExitofExitof Posts: 52
    edited July 2020

Thanks, I did manage to finally figure out that deprecated option, and that worked to save the presets, which I then could place in the Figures area using the Categories option. I also rendered out (in preview) higher quality  and larger thumbnails for each model, as well as adjusted the skin colors for the 8 other female models and 3 "Beatles" influenced guy morphs. It's really odd to see John, Paul, and George with "manginas". It's also disturbing when you mix the guys with the large saggy boobs that Grace has.

The only limitation is that the presets will not load the base model in, so you have to load Victoria 4 then apply the character preset.All 12 character models included with Stephanie 4 Elite

Post edited by Chohole on