Model Lighting Glitch?

Heya folks. I've been using Daz for about a year now, and I've gotten pretty good at it. But recently I've noticed my model's faces are a pain in the ass, if not completely broken, when it comes to lighting (see below).

For the sake of showcasing the extreme of this example, I have a spotlight DIRECTLY in front of the model's face. As you can see, for whatever reason, most of the side of the face on which the light is on is incredibly dark and not lit at all. I thought it could be a few things with the model but its a problem I've had with other models, wardrobes, hairs, etc., and for whatever reason it's a problem here too

I do have a sort of stylistic render I generally do with a few secret settings to give a soft, almost illustrated vibe, but tweaking those settings doesn't seem to help either.

Any suggestions?

broken.png
700 x 394 - 327K

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

I suggest simplifying your scene in an effort to determine where the problem lies. There's a lot going on in the image you posted, any (or none) of which might be causing this to happen.

Start with a single unmodified model in an otherwise empty scene with the spotlight shining on her. If that works OK, add elements until you see this problem happening.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

The problem seems to be with JUST the "Face" surface.  If you reapply the character skin default maps, does it still look like that?

How does the same character (as it currently is) look in the DS default HDRI lighting?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yeah, it doesn't look like a lighting issue, but a texture issue.  Of course not knowing what the "secret settings" are, it's hard to say.