Grey Viewport after specific Keyframes in Timeline

kickflipsonlykickflipsonly Posts: 29

I have 4.12.1.118 Pro Daz Studio.

I'm doing a 60 frame animation through the Timeline. Frames 1-25 and 31-60 all work fine, they've been adjusted to my liking and are complete. Frame 26-30, if any are manually selected and viewed, turns my entire Viewport grey. Below are some weird behaviors I've noted regarding this problem.

I believe the error is character-based? If I delete the character I'm animating from the scene my Viewport returns to normal.

If I select another keyframe to view (not 26-30) my Viewport returns to normal. 

Deleting everything unique to frame 26 through 30 does not fix this issue. I've had it to where those frames are completely blank, from an animation's perspective, and my Viewport will still go grey when each frame is viewed manually through the Timeline. 

"Playing" the animation roughly through the Timeline does not produce the grey Viewport error. It will loop repeatedly and be fine.

Daz becomes nearly unresponsive during this grey screen... but when it finally allows me to interact with it (still while having a grey Viewport) if I try to view the scene in Iray, it will load and work, except the character that I was animating is not in the scene. As if she's invisible. Also, the outside boundaries of my Viewport that are not being Iray rendered are still grey. If I move around within the scene while my Viewport is completely grey, in Iray or Textured, I can do so, but nothing fixes it or "works". Just complete greyness.

Did anyone have any ideas? This is really frustrating and I just want to get it working without having to abandon the animation and start over.

Post edited by kickflipsonly on

Comments

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47

Same here. 4.15 beta. If anyone knows anything about it?

90 frame animation, some show in viewport, some gray-out viewport. Can't finish my animation details if I can't see my objects/models/assets.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

I don't animate in Daz, precisely because of bugs like this, but when I did (4.14, I think) there was a bug where Daz would sporadically zero out properties like cameras and lights.

Check to make sure that the camera focal length and f-stop didn't get turned down to some obscene value like 0.001, because that might cause the issue you describe.