Help with exporting DS prop to use in Poser

I love the Create a Room series. https://www.daz3d.com/collective3d-create-a-room-xpack-3

I am trying to use one prop window in Poser.

I don't think I am answering all of the questions properly to export it as an obj.  I tried exporting a cr2, however nothing happened.

The Poser render below is the obj imported.

This is a work in progress...please excuse the mess!!!

k4 toddler test window broken.png
800 x 816 - 617K

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Rather than try to convert it, create Poser Companion files to let Poser do it using the DSON Importer for Poser (free). Go to your Content Library and select the appropriate folder and right-click on the Content Library tab, or use the pane context menu (hamburger) to "Create Poser Companion Files..." It will open a dialog with many options. (Note: I have never used it myself, so I do not know how good it is)

• Jan_ScrapperJan_Scrapper Posts: 351
    NorthOf45 said:

Rather than try to convert it, create Poser Companion files to let Poser do it using the DSON Importer for Poser (free). Go to your Content Library and select the appropriate folder and right-click on the Content Library tab, or use the pane context menu (hamburger) to "Create Poser Companion Files..." It will open a dialog with many options. (Note: I have never used it myself, so I do not know how good it is)

OH!!!  Let me try that!!

• Have you applied smoothing in Poser? That could produce weird distortions, at least in the past.

Have you applied smoothing in Poser? That could produce weird distortions, at least in the past.

I will try smoothing!!

Also, I do see the DSON conversations in Poser and it says it's loading it, but there is nothing in the scene.

I save one as a cr2 and the other as a pp2.  I tried both.

edited July 2020

Ok, I tried smoothing and crease angle to 0.  Still distorted.

Just to know what the crease angle did, I put it to 100....super distorted.

So, I hate that creating the DSON files didn't work either.

This is a really great set!!  I use Poser sometimes because I have some really great materials I purchase from a sweet German artist.

Thank you guys for helping me!!  I learned things even though I couldn't get it to work.  ALWAYS good to learn things!

window with smoothing.PNG
    1676 x 851 - 598K
    Post edited by Jan_Scrapper on
  • No, I meant that smoothing in Poser can cause the sort of issue you were seeing - not that you should try it.

No, I meant that smoothing in Poser can cause the sort of issue you were seeing - not that you should try it.

Oh!!!!  I am so sorry!!!  Let me try turning that off!!!

I'm old Richard!!   LOL!!!

Richard!!

It rendered like a dream!!!  Thank you so very much!!