Missing .jpg's from face generate

Sorry about the terrible title.

I generated a face and then saved it in a scene. When I load the scene, I get all thiese error messages saying that about 8 .jpg's are missing. They are suppose to be
in my AppData folder under roaming Daz/temp.  The folder is empty.  I haven't bought the software for it until I find out how good it works. When I first make this one, 
I saved the textures in a ljson file but when I try to load it, I get the same error messages. Is this because I am using the temporary software? If not, then I do not want
to buy the software because of this problem. From the size of my AppData folder, nothing seems to ever be deleted but these files are gone if they were ever there
to start with unless when I close Daz Studio, they get deleted. The face generate tab says I have three tries left but it has been saying that for quite some time.

Thanks

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,262

Sorry about the terrible title.

I generated a face and then saved it in a scene. When I load the scene, I get all thiese error messages saying that about 8 .jpg's are missing. They are suppose to be
    in my AppData folder under roaming Daz/temp.  The folder is empty.  I haven't bought the software for it until I find out how good it works. When I first make this one, 
    I saved the textures in a ljson file but when I try to load it, I get the same error messages. Is this because I am using the temporary software? If not, then I do not want
    to buy the software because of this problem. From the size of my AppData folder, nothing seems to ever be deleted but these files are gone if they were ever there
    to start with unless when I close Daz Studio, they get deleted. The face generate tab says I have three tries left but it has been saying that for quite some time.

Thanks

The software works. After generating the new textures, it must be saved through the plugin. The textures are then [by the plugin] copied over to their more permanent home under Textures in the Runtime folders.

n.b. It is not a good idea to save unfinished work in scenes.

FTU - temp folder.png
    729 x 849 - 220K
    FTU - save file.png
    1307 x 622 - 443K
    FTU - saved textures.png
    764 x 727 - 241K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    From the size of my AppData folder, nothing seems to ever be deleted but these files are gone if they were ever there to start with unless when I close Daz Studio, they get deleted.

Yes, that's how the Daz/temp/ folder works — it gets cleared out every time the program is closed. The plugin stores its immediately generated files in there, so if you want to keep them, you must save your new face setup properly. Saving the whole thing as a scene doesn't count, because the scene save has nothing to do with the plugin.