Heels fitting issue

So I have 2 images below, 1st is before transfer utility and second is after, so is there any way I can make these heels fit on my mesh? I have a pair of heels, and they just fit on genesis 8 when I apply them. But I don't know how to do that with mine.

DAZStudio_ZXwMt0eHvL.png
1272 x 889 - 616K
DAZStudio_essCTEgDEb.png
900 x 745 - 535K

Comments

• When I click fit to source figure, this distortion happens, if i uncheck it my heels are fine but they don't move together with the feet

• Try hiding the feet - the boots may be designed to work that way on the original figure, or they may have included a special moprh for the feet to make them fit.

• I am making them myself the heels, the thing is cause the original shape of the heels is taken from a posed genesis 8. So when I transfer utility my heels gets twisted as you see in image 2. So even if I do hide the feet when I parent fit them with the legs, they lose shape, deformed.

• Ah, well in that case you can use the Bake Rotations command (Joint Editor tool right-click menu) on the posed figure to make DS treat the posed feet as the zero, run Transfer Utility, then on the newly-rigged boots reverse the pose so that they line up with the default feet and use Bake Rotations on them - you do, however, need to disable the JCMs on the feet when doing that to avoid getting unwanted effects.

• Thank you so much, I'll try that. 

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,071
    edited July 2020

I had a similar problem with G8F.  I fitted one pair of heels, then I deleted it.  When I tried on another different pair, the feet were distorted like that, and they should have been fitted properly.  I then deleted it, and when I tried to zero out the pose to figure out what the heck was going on, the feet didn't reset to the default pose, which was very strange.

I then turned on the Joint Editor, and saw that the heel bones were bending down like 20 degrees, so I zeroed it out there.  Then the feet looked proper again.  So, I think either AutoFit or the heels themselves are adding extra bend angles to the joints, which do not reset by deleting the heels.  This must be some kind of bug, because I don't remember it ever happening to me before. I should be able to zero out a pose without having to go into the Joint Editor and do it there.

Post edited by Seven193 on