render screen all grey in preview, won't matter if i change Tone Mapping

Hello everyone, I am a newbie and I am stuck a bit. I have placed 3 objects in my scene and the render just won't happen. I post a screenshot so that you can see what i have to work with and perhaps help. I wouldn't want to restart the scene from scratch especially because it's painful to zoom out to such a distance for the image i want to render.

Non related to the problem but, is there a way to quickly zoom far far away with my point of view? As if i close and re-open the program and load the scene the POV is not as it is in my screen shot and it takes like a few minutes spinning the mouse wheel to get to the view I want.

Thanks for any help :)

help.jpg
1920 x 1026 - 416K

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You don't need to worry about losing your scene.  This is also not a tone mapping issue.

1. Set up a camera.  You just get better results with a camera than with Perspective View.  Click on the little camera icon on the toolbar, and Copy Active View.  Then switch from Perspective View to whatever you name the camera when you do the render.  Perspective View is good for moving and adjusting things since it doesn't add to the Undo queue, but it's not so good for final renders.
    2. What lights do you have in the scene?  Please show the Environment tab.  What kind of hardware are you using?  What does your Scene pane look like?  What happens when you hit the Render button?
    3. The unrelated thing is totally related!  Perspective View always resets to default wen you reopen Daz.  Another good reason to use a camera!

Please get back to us with the stuff under "2" and we'll see about sorting you out from there.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

Also, you're camera is set to a 'bottom' point of view, below DS' 'groundplane'. While this plane appears to be transparant in preview, it is NOT in a render... regardless if what camera you use.