Keyframes disappearing after saving an animation

I got really frustrated after saving and re-opening a scene I made. It used to be a pretty complex animation (for my skills), now all the keyframes for several items in the timeline (not all of them, some parts of the figure are still being animated) are gone. Vanished. I read about a similar issue a few posts back, but not completely sure it relates to my case. Is this a known issue with DAZ 4.12? Or is it not correct to save an animation as "scene" when I use the timeline?

Comments

• Yes, this is a known issue. Pending a fix you could ask support for an older version of DS https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• CervcityCervcity Posts: 16
    edited July 2020

Yes, but I need the IK chains too. That feature came with version 4.12, right? Any news on the release date of the bugfix version?

Post edited by Cervcity on
  • No, and nothing in the bug tracker. You might try saving a pose/shaping preset for the play range and see if that captures all the keys - I think at least one user reported that it did though I haven't tried myself..

• bpoparobpoparo Posts: 2

No, and nothing in the bug tracker. You might try saving a pose/shaping preset for the play range and see if that captures all the keys - I think at least one user reported that it did though I haven't tried myself..

Wonderful idea... although kind of tedious ???? ...I'm going to try this and get back asap
  • CervcityCervcity Posts: 16
    edited July 2020

No, and nothing in the bug tracker. You might try saving a pose/shaping preset for the play range and see if that captures all the keys - I think at least one user reported that it did though I haven't tried myself..

Yeah, this method seems to work, thanks a lot for the hint. I've also tried saving each actor as a scene subset, and that seems to maintain all the keyframes in place. I gave it only one shot though, I can't say it's the definitive solution yet. It gets a bit intricate working this way though.

Anyway I'm speechless, I can't believe that such a big issue, in a program whose one of the main purposes is animation, isn't being re-addressed right away. I mean, version 4.12 has been around for 10 months now, and it's not even reported in the bug tracker? That's crazy.

Post edited by Cervcity on
  • Cervcity said:

Yeah, this method seems to work, thanks a lot for the hint. I've also tried saving each actor as a scene subset, and that seems to maintain all the keyframes in place. I gave it only one shot though, I can't say it's the definitive solution yet. It gets a bit intricate working this way though.

Anyway I'm speechless, I can't believe that such a big issue, in a program whose one of the main purposes is animation, isn't being re-addressed right away. I mean, version 4.12 has been around for 10 months now, and it's not even reported in the bug tracker? That's crazy.

I'm pretty sure it has been reproted and logged - but there is no mention of a fix in the change log. I don't believe the issue was present in 4.12.0., it is new in 4.12.1.