Eyes started loading strangely.

Encountered a problem this morning that has never happened before. All of my G8M models are spawning with a tiny left pupil. No other base mesh is doing this. No shaders or morphs are dialled in - it makes no difference which character is loaded. I've not installed anything recently which would account for this. Any ideas?

CaptureError.PNG
618 x 371 - 392K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Sounds very much like a morph/character that is distributed with non-zero default value...

Doesn't take long to rule this out, just follow this;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.

2. Select "Show Hidden" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)

3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)

4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)

5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

• PerttiA said:

Sounds very much like a morph/character that is distributed with non-zero default value...

Doesn't take long to rule this out, just follow this;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.

2. Select "Show Hidden" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)

3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)

4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)

5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

Thank you! Fixed it :) 

• brimstoneomegabrimstoneomega Posts: 343
    edited July 2020

Uninstall Renshaw for Valentino 8, his eye morph was sazed wrong. There should be a fix coming from what I've heard.

Post edited by brimstoneomega on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Uninstall Renshaw for Valentino 8, his eye morph was sazed wrong. There should be a fix coming from what I've heard.

Instead of waiting, it can be fixed by yourself, following the procedure I wrote.