I can't use hair shapings (image inside)

Maybe, the experts here can help me. I am trying to use the hair shapings for my models, but i can't do it. Here is the image:

As you can see, in the smart content all is working propertly, but at the right, in the shaping tab at the right there is nothing there. You can apply changes to the materials, there are in the surface tab at the right, but there is no sign of the shapings. Does anybody know why?

Thanks for your help.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• It's always best toi check the parameters pane, since that shows all properties instead of just a subset, but in this case I think you need to expand the ahir in the Sceen pabne and there will be another item below it which has morphs.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You are in the Presets tab.  You need to be in the editor tab.

Annotation 2020-07-14 085235.jpg
    282 x 223 - 14K
  • Oh, yes. Still, the general advice to check the Parameters pane stands - and it doesn't have a presets tab. It may also be that selecting a child object would  make the presets show.

• edited July 2020
    Sevrin said:

You are in the Presets tab.  You need to be in the editor tab.

Oh, yes. Still, the general advice to check the Parameters pane stands - and it doesn't have a presets tab. It may also be that selecting a child object would  make the presets show.

Still the same. It is blank. Also i press in the left options in the materials, i can change the colour, but i can't change the shaping, neither in right of in left.

Post edited by antoniojosecastilla on
  • It's always best toi check the parameters pane, since that shows all properties instead of just a subset, but in this case I think you need to expand the ahir in the Sceen pabne and there will be another item below it which has morphs.

In the parameters i don't have morphs. What do you mean to expand the screen panel? Where exactly?

AS you can see, in the parameters tab, the morphs aren't there neither.

• I meant to say the Scene pane

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited July 2020

It's not necessary to expand the hair figure.  It should look like this:

Annotation 2020-07-14 135941.jpg
    269 x 1031 - 41K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Sevrin said:

Thank you - some dForce hairs have had the "main" part as a child of another, which was why I suggested checking if the sliders didn't show.

• Sevrin said:

Is that the parameters tab? I don't have this there. Take a look:

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2020

I have that hair, and when I select it I see morphs in both the Parameters and the Shaping tabs. How did you install it? Is it possible the morphs went awry?

monica.jpg
    800 x 503 - 75K
    Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • I have that hair, and when I select it I see morphs in both the Parameters and the Shaping tabs. How did you install it? Is it possible the morphs went awry?

I installed by the DAZ install manager, and i can see there, that all the morphs are installed.

But i don't have the morph options in the program.

• I uninstalled and reinstalled and now i can do it. Thanks to all of you!!!