Daz Studio 4.12 won't render with my graphics card

Daz Studio 4.12 won't use my video card for an IRAY render. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. If I check the render setting for the graphics card, an empty render box comes up. The "rendering image" box doesn't come up either. If I try the Nvidia Iray preview, the model remains white. 
I just updated my drivers and the problem remains.

I found these two errors in the log. I don't have the Optix Prime Acceleration selected.

2020-07-13 05:31:21.186 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(305): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend warn : GPU 1 (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) with CUDA compute capability -1.-1 cannot be used by iray photoreal.

2020-07-13 05:31:28.446 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(305): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend warn : The 'iray_optix_prime' scene option is no longer supported.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Have you updated your Nvidia driver?

• Sevrin said:

Have you updated your Nvidia driver?

Just this morning. The problem remains.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Can you render anything with Iray?  Like an empty scene with just a sphere or something?

• Which driver are you using - right-click on the Windows desktop>nVidia Control Panel

• novelist999novelist999 Posts: 90
    edited July 2020

Which driver are you using - right-click on the Windows desktop>nVidia Control Panel

It says 398.36. Also, I have Windows 7.

Post edited by novelist999 on
  • Sevrin said:

Can you render anything with Iray?  Like an empty scene with just a sphere or something?

Nothing. Just an empty rendering box comes up.

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/355766/4-12-can-not-use-the-gpu

"Studio 4.12 requires Nvidia driver 430.86 or newer. Get your driver diretly from Nvidia. Don't depend on Windows update."

Hopefully you have Windows 7 64-bit as I see newer driver versions than for Windows 7 32-bit on Nvidia' site.

• novelist999novelist999 Posts: 90
    edited July 2020
    pctech4ny said:

"Studio 4.12 requires Nvidia driver 430.86 or newer. Get your driver diretly from Nvidia. Don't depend on Windows update."

Hopefully you have Windows 7 64-bit as I see newer driver versions than for Windows 7 32-bit on Nvidia' site.

I looked on their site but didn't see anything like that for this graphics card for Windows 7--only Windows 10. All I could find is the 430.86 Game Ready driver. Yes, I have the 64-bit version. Do you think I'd need to update to Windows 10?

Post edited by novelist999 on
  • I found a recent update on Nvidia's site for my graphics card. And, it works! Yaaaaaaaaaay! Ever since I started Daz Studio I've thought it renders way too slow. Well, now it's moving much faster. A simple bear that was taking 2 minutes to render 1% is now taking 13 seconds. I can finally render! I can't tell you all how happy I am. 

• pctech4ny said:

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited July 2020

You must not have been looking in the right place. I upgraded my system 2 weeks ago, but before that I had Win 7 w/ a 980TI running 430.86

pctech4ny said:

I looked on their site but didn't see anything like that for this graphics card for Windows 7--only Windows 10. All I could find is the 430.86 Game Ready driver. Yes, I have the 64-bit version. Do you think I'd need to update to Windows 10?

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • fastbike1 said:

You must not have been looking in the right place. I upgraded my system 2 weeks ago, but before that I had Win 7 w/ a 980TI running 430.86

pctech4ny said:

Yeah, I wasn't looking in the right place. I'm so glad I found it.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301

It is always nice to see a 3D artist get up and running! :)