Using billboards without taking up disk space?

Hello. I'm trying to use this product https://www.daz3d.com/now-crowd-billboards-modern-city-life

But whenever I install all 15 parts, I'm left without disk space on my disk drive. This may be futile, but I guess I should ask, is there a way to *partly use this product, in order to save space? I mean, it does have 15 parts, so could I install a few and only use part of the product? Or is it all or nothing? Thank you.

Comments

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

You can delete the ones you don't/need to use. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Well, space issues with Daz will only get worse.  You might want to purchase an additional internal drive, or an external drive if that's not possible.  It's true that the billboards take up a huge amount of room.  I don't keep all mine installed.

These get installed by default into My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\RiverSoft Art\Now-Crowd Billboards\Modern City Life.  Each character then has its own folder which contain all the different angles.  I don't know, but my guess is that each of the install files contains a couple of complete character folders.  You can install them one by one and then decide if it's a character you want to use or not.  I would not suggest deleting individual image files, as that might give you errors when using the orientation utility.

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 388
    mclaugh said:

You can delete the ones you don't/need to use. 

Sevrin said:

Well, space issues with Daz will only get worse.  You might want to purchase an additional internal drive, or an external drive if that's not possible.  It's true that the billboards take up a huge amount of room.  I don't keep all mine installed.

These get installed by default into My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\RiverSoft Art\Now-Crowd Billboards\Modern City Life.  Each character then has its own folder which contain all the different angles.  I don't know, but my guess is that each of the install files contains a couple of complete character folders.  You can install them one by one and then decide if it's a character you want to use or not.  I would not suggest deleting individual image files, as that might give you errors when using the orientation utility.

That actually gives me an idea, thank you. I only installed through DIM, but if I install manually, I can preview each file and decide which ones to keep. Great idea.