Is there a way to teleport an object to another object?

Let's say I want an object like a Phone that's spawned into the scene at zero position...and instead of me manually dragging the phone across the scene to a Gen 8 character I want the phone to magically teleport to the G8's hand. Is there a way where I can specifically "teleport" the item to their hand and then I'll handle the rotations and whatever need be. 

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Use the Align tool.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Parent it to the hand, then zero all Trans/Rot settings (Parameters> Menu> Zero>). Then position it.

• DafaDafa Posts: 97
    Ascania said:

Use the Align tool.

How would I use the Align Tool to do what I want?

maclean said:

Parent it to the hand, then zero all Trans/Rot settings (Parameters> Menu> Zero>). Then position it.

Thanks, I'll try it out!

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    edited July 2020
    Dafa said:
    Ascania said:

Use the Align tool.

How would I use the Align Tool to do what I want?

Easy:

1. Open the Align pane (from Windows -> panes)

2. Set the X-, Y-, Z-Axis menus to "Align:Centers"

3. Select your target node, for example the G8M hand. It should now be listed as "Keynode" in the Align pane

4. Now use Ctrl-select to add the prop or props you want to move to the selection

5. Click the Apply button and done!

Ciao

TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • DafaDafa Posts: 97
    thd777 said:

Easy:

1. Open the Align pane (from Windows -> panes)

2. Set the X-, Y-, Z-Axis menus to "Align:Centers"

3. Select your target node, for example the G8M hand. It should now be listed as "Keynode" in the Align pane

4. Now use Ctrl-select to add the prop or props you want to move to the selection

5. Click the Apply button and done!

Ciao

TD

Cool thanks!

• I have a different method but i'm not sure it will work all the time:

1) Make sure you have your Gen 8 selected in Scene Tab, and Parameters tab (where X Y Z rotations etc are) is your active/selected tab

2) Hit CTRL + C

3) Now select the phone in scene tab

4) Hit CTRL + V

This should copy the X Y Z position and rotation of the Gen 8 to the Phone. You would have to align the phone manually to hand, but you don't have to drag it through all the scene :D