Genesis 8 to iclone

I need some info from someone that already uses this pipeline.
1)Tutorial that shows exactly what you need to do to get genesis 8 into iclone working. I want to be sure a dope like me could even do it lol.

2)A list of everything I would need to buy to use the pipeline. I want to be sure I can afford everything I need before I start throwing money at it, don't want to be 3/4 there and find out I need a $10,000 program to finish it all off lol.

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821

Hi.

Technically you only need the full pipeline version of Reallusion Character creator 3
    that will import and "transform "any genesis Character into an Iclone native Avatar
    with a shape projection system that is frankly far superior to the GENX2 plugin
     in my experience using the program

I am in the procees of converting all of my favorite Genesis shapes and hairs to Iclone native content
    even my custom clothing&props originally designed for the Genesis figures.

You also need at least the basic version of iclone 7.x to import your Genesis transformed avatars
    from CC3.

I strongly.. STRONGLY! suggest Visiting us at the official Reallusion forums where we can give you
    more complete answers and video tutorial links without the fear of post/thread deletion
    for promoting a Direct competitor/alternative to Daz studio

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited July 2020

Thanks, was kinda hoping you would chime in lol. I couldn't remember your full screen name, but remember it was wolf and your avatar picture lol.
    So far VIA the forums I have found Mike Kelley's youtube page, seems like a treasure trove. Gonna take a while to go through his videos lol.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821
    HI
    Yeah mike kelly is quite the guru, extremely helpful fellow.

I use this same Avatar,on the RL forums, but go by the user name "AutoDidact"

Indeed it is alot to absorb as Reallusion has ALOT of new tools but we are ready to help with all of your questions so, see you over there.