Python shell died?

DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Poser10, Win 8.1
The poser was installed a few months ago and reinstalled about a month ago. Dson has been reinstalled
Reality has quit working
When I boot Poser I get an error
An errror occurred importing addon PythonShell :
ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

An errror occurred importing addon Reality :
ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Just purchased the new Dragon3 and somethings to celebrate vacation :)
But altho the dragon is installed in Poser nd I can click to open it, when I do I get an error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\py\__init__.py", line 8, in
import crust
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\py\crust.py", line 15, in
import editwindow
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\py\editwindow.py", line 8, in
from wx import stc
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\stc.py", line 10, in
import _stc
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 10 Content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Dragon 3\DAZ Dragon 3 Base.py", line 2, in
dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] );
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\py\__init__.py", line 8, in
import crust
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\py\crust.py", line 15, in
import editwindow
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\py\editwindow.py", line 8, in
from wx import stc
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\stc.py", line 10, in
import _stc
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
It took several weeks to reload content when I reinstalled Poser so that's just not possible anymore, nor is installing everything to Daz Studio, any ideas appreciated, about to just chuck the whole damn thing.

Comments

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

was going to try and import the dragon obj and see if I could use it but apparently with the dson system there isn't one. Whats the equivalent of the obj type file, and can I import it. With dson apparently not working I don't seem to have a way to use the dragon :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You would need to use DS to export at .obj

edited December 1969

so if I exported it from ds I can load it into poser

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dimeolas said:
    so if I exported it from ds I can load it into poser

Yes, although of course it wouldn't be rigged.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,060
    edited December 1969

You should be able to reinstall Poser without having to reinstall your content - at least as long as you didn't place the content in the application folder. You can always make a copy of the content folders as insurance.

edited December 1969

Thx Richard, had put it under the Users, moved it thenreinstalled and moved it back. Just don't see it fixing since I just did that. Considering just uing the dragon from DS anyway and exporting for Vue. Guess I`m the only one that has no luck with Poser but wont buy it again.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

If the runtime folder in the Poser program folder was moved, Poser will be broken, as essential files live there. It's not supposed to be used for content...

edited December 1969

Didn't move the runtime, reinstalled it, content was in Poser10 content under the Users,

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

When you reinstalled it, did you install the latest version/SR? The current version is 10.0.3.26510 (Help>About Poser)

edited December 1969

yes, reinstalled from the Poser10 cd then installed the latest update then dson, just wondering if the python shell files are included with the content that was moved then need to find em and replace em, cause just reusing old bad files.

edited December 1969

hmmm found the python shell files and sadly they are in the part tht was reinstalled so guess will just pass this on to smithmicro, hated to but am at an end, thx for all the help