Can't move hair - solved!

deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I auto fit historical hair for g8m to my g8m figure. The model has an extream morph and I need to move the hair forward, but using the z translate button does nothing. I have unparented the hair, and even loaded it in not on the figure and still none of the translate sliders move anything. They only time I can move the hair is if I use the hip node, it then moves but not correctly. For example y causes it to flip and z causes it to go up and down and rotate..... I have also tried unparenting the hair and moveing the model back, but the hair continues to move with the model....  Anyone out there able to help me out with this? 

Post edited by deathbycanon on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

I'm confused. If it is hair for G8M, why did you have to autofit it to G8M? Is there a typo there?

I think perhaps you want to unfit the hair and only parent it to the character's head. Then you should be able to move it. Make sure "Fit to" is None. Unparenting it when it is still "Fit to" G8M won't help.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

If it really is hair for G8M that you have fit to G8M, you can try changing the Fit to Mode from Redirect Transforms to Auto Follow Transforms. That may allow you to translate the hair position.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

It is G8 hair, and switching to auto follow transforms worked perfectly, thank you barbult! 

• Thanks guys. I had a similar issue and this helped me fix it as well. This forum is really helpful.