Exporting with maps

I would like to make a game model using some of the daz3d genesis models as a base, but I'm having trouble exporting it in a way that I feel comoftable working on it. When I use the Blender .obj export settings, the model shows up on its back, and there are no normal or material maps that get exported with it. Additionally, the UV maps export in such a way that they aren't all within the frame, so I can't paint them in substance. Does anyone know how to rectify these issues?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

By "game model" I assume you mean to use it in a game. To do that you will need to purchase the interactive license for each part you plan to use in your game. this only applies if you are greating an original commercial game. mods are not allowed with the DAZ mesh assets, even with the ineteractive licenses

• It's just a portfolio piece. I will not be using it in a real game, but I would like to have UVs and topology as though it would.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Ah, gotcha. the latest generations use the UDIM texture system which is why they don't show up in texture atlas and are spread out from the main texture window. There is an option to collapse when you export, that might help. This video might also help