'Converting' facial poses in morphs

Hey all! 

I'm fairly new to this whole daz stuff, so please bear with me. 

So, I downloaded some facial poses for G2F models and wondered, if it is possible to convert those facial poses into slide-able morphs. And if it is possible, how do I do it? 

I managed to load up a G2F model and 'give' her the pose I wanted, but now I am stuck. I tried to navigate to the mouth section and tried to save the changes from base to pose as a morph, but it wouldn't let me, sadly. 

I really hope this works!

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,250
    omolomo51 said:

Hey all! 

I'm fairly new to this whole daz stuff, so please bear with me. 

So, I downloaded some facial poses for G2F models and wondered, if it is possible to convert those facial poses into slide-able morphs. And if it is possible, how do I do it? 

I managed to load up a G2F model and 'give' her the pose I wanted, but now I am stuck. I tried to navigate to the mouth section and tried to save the changes from base to pose as a morph, but it wouldn't let me, sadly. 

I really hope this works!

Try saving it as a pose preset ;-)

• You wouldn't want to save them as moprhs, it would break the ability to have other shapes have corrections for the expressions (things like eyes and mouth closing correctly). What you can do is create a slider that will turn on the components of the expression. Make sure your figure is zeroed (nos ape or pose applied), aply the expression. Right-click on the Parameters pane and put it in Edit Mode. Right-click in Pose-Contreols>Head>Expressions (or whatever it is)>Create New Property. In the dialogue name it for the expression, set its type to Modifier>Pose, and click Accept. Set the enw proeprty to 100%, right-click on it, and select ERC Freeze - check that nothing unwanted has crept into the list of sub-components, click Accept. Now test the slider. If it works you can save it with File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset.

• zoorexzoorex Posts: 2
    edited January 2022

What if I need to save the pose as a morph anyway? How can I do it? I did facial animations and I have to convert them to morphs so they are exported correctly.

Post edited by zoorex on
  • zoorexzoorex Posts: 2

(I did it with face rig using bones, not morphs)