What are these arrows and where do I go to turn off their visibility?

gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

When I hide this dress (along with hair, etc to use less resources) when I unhide it, these arrows show up.  I can't figure out what setting I need to click on to make them NOT visible again.  Thanks for your help!

Whattoturnoff.PNG
312 x 251 - 92K
Post edited by gitika1 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

Those are dFormers, which are separate nodes underneath the dress. 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

And to turn off their visibility?  They are not visible when the dress loads.  They only become visible after the dress is hidden and then made visible again.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

Visibility is probably switched off when the dress is loaded and when you hide it and make it visible again it also makes the helpers visible.

gitika1 said:

And to turn off their visibility?  They are not visible when the dress loads.  They only become visible after the dress is hidden and then made visible again.

Are you ctrl+clicking to show and hide the dress? That will show and hide all child objects. If you’re just clicking regularly, I can’t account for that. 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

So, there isn't a way to hide them? 

Sure there is. Just find them in the node hierarchy and hide them. There are three components to a dFormer: the base (the small red/yellow disc underneath the arrow), the field (the wirefreme sphere) and the dFormer itself (the arrow), so hide all three of them for however many dFormers are in the scene, and you'll be scene. However, remember that if you ctrl+click the visibility on the dress, that controls visibility for ALL child objects, including the dFormers.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

I just hit this issue with the Pareo skirt from @esha . CRTL-Click to make visible brings up all the dFormers and they do NOT appear in the node heirarchy. I just can't find them anywhere in the node tree (I've done Expand-All to make sure). Is there any other way to make them invisible again without having to load the scene again?

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205

I just ran into the same thing with the pareos. I love the design of these and the extra texture pack. While it only seems a visual annoyance and not a fundamental problem, if there is a way to rehide those, I'd love to learn what I may be missing. As marble said, I also have not located anything in the scene heirarchy or parameters tab.

I wanted to share a preventative workaround for anyone else.

If you create a group for the figure, you can then use the group's icon to toggle the visibility of the heirarchy below without needing to hold CTRL. This prevents those arrows from appearing and preserves the visibility status of everything within the group.

As I often temporarily hide things, this has always been an annoyance, yet this workflow seems to avert that issue as well. I'm planning to set up an empty scene of labelled groups for my main characters, environment categories, and set elements (lights and cameras). That way, I can simply open that template and "save as" whatever new file I'm working on without having to reset up all of the groups each time.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Can they be hidden by clicking the eye when located in the scene tab?

Faeryl Womyn said:

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything in the scene tab related to them at all.

edited May 2023

I think I figured out an actual fix!

1. CTRL+click the main pareo eye to hide everything
    2. Click (without ctrl) the same eye icon back on
    3. CTRL+click the pareo "hip" item to reveal the pareo without the arrows
    Post edited by Astraffel on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

Astrafel said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything in the scene tab related to them at all.

Check this ... filter 'skirt' and expand all, the dformers / handlers will be shown..

SNAG-2023-5-22-0007.png
    734 x 614 - 77K
    Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Check this ... filter 'skirt' and expand all, the dformers / handlers will be shown..

That is exactly what I was missing. Thanks for the help!