Stained glass?

I'm having an issue with the stained glass windows in the Fantasy Tavern. Window doesn't render with color  I'm assuming it's a setting of some type but I'm not even sure where to start. 

Comments

• Iray or 3Delight?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

Are you talking about https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-tavern or some other Fantasy Tavern product? The one I linked to is pretty old. It looks like it was designed for Poser. Does it even have Daz Studio materials? I'm sure it doesn't have Iray materials. What program are you using to render it (Daz Studio, Carrara, Poser)? What render engine are you using (Iray, 3Delight, etc.)?

• barbult said:

Are you talking about https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-tavern or some other Fantasy Tavern product? The one I linked to is pretty old. It looks like it was designed for Poser. Does it even have Daz Studio materials? I'm sure it doesn't have Iray materials. What program are you using to render it (Daz Studio, Carrara, Poser)? What render engine are you using (Iray, 3Delight, etc.)?

Yes that's the one I'm talking about. Rendering in Iray. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    barbult said:

Yes that's the one I'm talking about. Rendering in Iray. 

Since that product was created before Iray was even invented, that product does not have Iray materials, so the glass will not look like glass in an Iray render.

• You could try applying an Iray stained glass shader preset to that window surface. There are at least a couple Iray stained glass shader preset products in the store.
    • Or, you could try using a 3Delight to Iray materials converter. I've never used one, but there is at least one in the store.
    • Or, you could try adjusting surface settings yourself, to see if you can adjust it to get the effect you are looking for. 
    • Or, you could return the product for a refund, since it is not what you expected it ot be. Fill out a help request and ask the Sales department for a refund.
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

I have that product, so I had a quick go at getting the glass to work in iray. Here's what I did...

(Because my machine is quite slow, and the tavern is quite a complex model, I picked out just the wall with the stained glass window in it and deleted everything else. You won't do this!)

• The stained glass surface is part of Wall2_1, I selected it and converted it to the Uber Iray shader by running "Daz Studio Formats > My Daz3D Library > Shader Presets > Iray > Daz Uber > !Iray Uber Base" from my product library (I'd recommend selecting all the surfaces in your scene and running this - you can do them all at once - to get everything using the iray shader).
    • I removed the image (SEFT stained glass.jpg) from the Base Color channel, and set the base color to black.
    • I applied that same image (SEFT stained glass.jpg) to the Glossy Color channel, leaving the color white.
    • I removed the image (SEFT stained glass Alpha.jpg) from the Cutout Opacity channel, and made sure it was set to 1.0
    • I applied the same image (SEFT stained glass Alpha.jpg) to the Refraction Weight channel, and set it to 1.0

So in summary, use the iray shader, use glossy color instead of base color, and refraction weight instead of opacity.

glass.jpg
    1611 x 1008 - 266K
  • Thank you both so much. Thanks to your help I've had success. I must say my interactions with the community have been first rate, and you are both fine examples of that. Thanks again.