Do V4 *FULL* body morphs work in poser 10?

scorerscorer Posts: 37
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I just started messing around with Poser 10. I have V4, G4, She Freak 4 and V4 Morphs ++

I can inject the V4 Morphs ++ morphs and they show up for all the body parts no problem.

However, there seems to be no way to get Full Body Morph (FBM) Dials to work.

If I inject the G4 or She Freak 4 Morphs no dials show up.

Even worse... If I load the G4 I get a G4 head on V4 body. The g4 FBM dial shows up but doesn't do anything. I go to edit dependencies and there are no dependencies! Same thing with the She Freak FBMs.

Is this just how Poser 10 & P2014 work? Seems like someone would have said something a long time ago but I can't really find anything on this.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited June 2014

Check that there is only one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder on your system. Try running the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-v4.bat (or ,command for a Mac) file again if there is only one such folder - at least as long as it isn't in the Poser application folder.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • scorerscorer Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

I tried to make sure there was only one V4 folder. In poser I unlinked all the libraries except the one with V4 to be sure. I can do a full system scan later.

Even though I installed with the latest DIM...

There is a DzCreateExPFiles-v4.app on the mac and some .com files. The .app file runs for a split second but doesn't seem to do anything. the .com files start the terminal but tell me "The file “DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges." It looks to me like I have all read and write privileges.

If this IS a problem I could be getting after using DIM I can go back and look harder at the privileges, I guess.

I am not sure I'm clear on the "..at least as long as it isn’t in the Poser application folder" comment. I installed in a separate directory. When I did try to install into the Poser app directory the runtime never even shows up.

So: 1) this is a problem then right?

And: 2) If I was to do a clean install of Poser and then V4, G4, She Freak, V4 elite and V4 Morphs++ from DIM 3.0 what order of installation would you suggest?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,683
    edited June 2014

I recognize that problem, it's because those files are terrible old and from a time long before OS X and gatekeeper. Hmm,. I solved that in another thread, looking.

The problem is most likely that the app ran by those scripts is not allowed to run.

It's located in Runtime/libraries/!DAZ ans is named DzCreateExPFiles.app

if you go there with finder and then right-click and do show content and navigate to Contents/MacOS and do a get info on DazCreateExpFIle file, does it say runnable?

Post edited by Totte on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited December 1969

On a Mac it doesn't matter, but on Windows post-Vista it's a very bad idea to place the content in the application folder, that's why I was asking - not having it in the application folder is best so you are OK there.

I do think it's a permissions issue - the batch files run the little application, passing it a folder name, and it prepares a list of the installed morphs that Poser and DS read in when they load the figure from the library (it doesn't update saved scenes, unfortunately). DIM should run it, but having it fail to run or fail to run correctly would produce the sort of thing you are seeing.

edited December 1969

On a Mac it doesn't matter, but on Windows post-Vista it's a very bad idea to place the content in the application folder, that's why I was asking - not having it in the application folder is best so you are OK there.

I do think it's a permissions issue - the batch files run the little application, passing it a folder name, and it prepares a list of the installed morphs that Poser and DS read in when they load the figure from the library (it doesn't update saved scenes, unfortunately). DIM should run it, but having it fail to run or fail to run correctly would produce the sort of thing you are seeing.

I have a bug reported on that (found it now).
    It fails on 10.8+ for some reason, still open so.

edited December 1969

So, you need to use the Terminal.app and do

sudo chmod +x /Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DazCreateExpFIles

The it will run.

edited June 2014

No luck yet.

For the record I'm using OSX 10.6.8, I should also mention that I was trying to install V4 on an external HD but installing locally made no difference.

I checked he permissions of DazCreateExpFiles.app, DazCreateExpFiles (in the .app contents) and DazCreateExpFiles.py (also in the .app contents) and everything was read write for all users.

I tried the shell command at first this didn't work because (I think) addict meant to use an upper case X after chmod. It gave a "no such command" after I changed it to upper case:

sudo chmod +X /Volumes/FreeAgent/Daz4Poser/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DazCreateExpFiles

[EDIT] The return was:

chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...
    chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file ...

which I guess meant it worked...

I guess I'd like to get one basic thing clear:

If I have everything loaded right, when I load G4 Is should get the recognizable G4 figure from head to toe right from the start? No need to preload morphs or V4 or anything, correct?

This is the quick check I have been doing to see if anything worked and I always get G4 head on V4 body and a G4 FBM with no dependencies.

Post edited by scorer on
    edited June 2014

SOLVED

...Ok Making progress.

First of it IS lower case 'x' HOWEVER it should be DzCreateExpFiles NOT DazCreateExpFiles.

sudo chmod +x /.../Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExpFiles  

I basically ran the command file by hand in the Terminal. In order to do that though I had to change the folder name "!DAZ" to "DAZ" in order to manually change directories. The command file ran and showed all the morphs getting created. Of course poser then was looking for !DAZ and couldn't find anything so I have to go back and work around the folder name change.

But at least is looking for FBM's dependencies (I believe in the form of ERCs I guess?) Update in a bit.

UPDATE AND SOLUTION

After uninstalling and installing V4, In the terminal input:

# THIS WORKS   !!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO SINGLE QUOTATION MARKS (')  for cd commands  !!!!!

# YOU CAN PASTE FOLDER PATH WHERE YOUR RUNTIME IS OVER THE (...) BELOW
    # THEN PASTE WHOLE CD COMMAND LINE INTO TERMINAL AND PRESS ENTER

cd '/.../Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS'

# MAY NEED TO TYPE OUT NEXT LINE B/C COPY AND PASTE NOT WORKING
    sudo chmod +x DzCreateExPFiles

# AGAIN, YOU CAN PASTE FOLDER PATH WHERE YOUR RUNTIME IS OVER THE (...) BELOW
    # THEN PASTE NEXT THREE LINES INTO TERMINAL ONE AT A TIME AND PRESS ENTER EACH TIME

cd '/.../Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ'
    ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles "Victoria 4" "V4"
    exit
    Post edited by scorer on
  • Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I've had the exact same problem with my V4! I have a new Mac and I simply linked to my previous Runtimes (as they were already on an external drive) and I was unable to get the Full Body Morphs to work! :(

Strangely, my M4 worked without any problem.

I tried reinstalling Poser, Making new Runtimes with just the V4 and morphs in it but nothing worked. ;(

I was about to make my own post until I found this - I'm going to go through these steps myself later today. :)

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    So, you need to use the Terminal.app and do
    sudo chmod +x /Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExpFIles

Hmmm - I keep getting this when I run the above: 'event not found'
    (and I have changed the 'DazCreateExpFIles' to 'DzCreateExpFIles')

My Runtime is on an external drive: '/Volumes/Mac HD 4000/Extras - 3D Categories/Categories - Poser/Poser Content Categories/000 Charaters V4-Base/' which gives me the actual code I enter in Terminal:

sudo chmod +x /Volumes/Mac HD 4000/Extras - 3D Categories/Categories - Poser/Poser Content Categories/000 Charaters V4-Base/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles

I've looked into the permissions for all of the 'DzCreateExPFiles' (the app itself and the 2 items of the same name contained in it) but none of the files said that it was 'Runnable' in the Get Info dialogue box - where should it have said that?

I'm running Mac OSX 10.9.3 and Poser Pro 2014.

cd '/.../Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS'

I'm assuming that the file path needs to be added to the '...'?

I get 'No such file or directory' when I try that (as the full file path and as the '...')

I'd also re-downloaded all the V4 items from Daz (V4 base, Morphs++, Elite, S4, Reby Sky etc) and did a fresh install as a new Runtime but still no joy. :shut:

So I'm a little stuck at the moment. Any further help will be appreciated. :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Scorer said he needed to temporarily remove the "!" from !DAZ

edited June 2014

Craggles.

First of I had an error in my code. Both lines should have been '...' but I had my path 'PDaz' in the second cd command. I fixed that now but it looks like you didn't get that foar.

Also, I never saw the word runnable anywhere in my Get Info checks, only read/wright permissions. No big deal, I guess.

OK, so the file path is a little tricky. What I discovered is that if you have illegal characters like the "!" in "!DAZ" that the terminal will give you an error.

The trick is to use single quotation marks which addressed this for me. Notice that I used that in my code example (I added a comment to that effect plus some step by step instructions to follow)

I notice in your code that you omitted the single quotation marks, and you also have spaces and a dash in the path. That is why you get the no such directory. I am pretty sure the single quotes will address this. If not you may have to rename the whole path which will be a pain (and screw some other things up, too).

Post edited by scorer on