Now Crowd different brightness

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi, I test now the first time my Now Crowds (bought some and never used... we all know that^^... like Games on Steam).

The hotspot is the stairs where the shoes are.

All are looking what there is going on, but... why is the grandma so bright? :(

@riversoftart (I still wish there are more kids^^, the beach kids would fit sadly not so good... half naked kids in the city, seems a bit cold and out of place :D In the medieval setting are also playing kids, but wrong clothes for modern city ;) )

Another wish for crowds: could you make a "Crowd bundle" with loud/silent crouds, so you can mix them, is the crowd loud or are they silent, maybe you mix them a bit, a silent crowd with some loud peoples or better make them mixable for the user, crowds looking at a spot, maybe also sitting. A Party, a Demonstration (angry or silent in peace), yeah...

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,513
    edited July 2020
    Loony said:

Hi, I test now the first time my Now Crowds (bought some and never used... we all know that^^... like Games on Steam).

The hotspot is the stairs where the shoes are.

All are looking what there is going on, but... why is the grandma so bright? :(

@riversoftart (I still wish there are more kids^^, the beach kids would fit sadly not so good... half naked kids in the city, seems a bit cold and out of place :D In the medieval setting are also playing kids, but wrong clothes for modern city ;) )

Another wish for crowds: could you make a "Crowd bundle" with loud/silent crouds, so you can mix them, is the crowd loud or are they silent, maybe you mix them a bit, a silent crowd with some loud peoples or better make them mixable for the user, crowds looking at a spot, maybe also sitting. A Party, a Demonstration (angry or silent in peace), yeah...

I try to balance all the billboards but I don't always get it right.  In general, I try to use the same exposure but some can be too dark and I dial it up.  (Others, it is because of a skin)  But actually, it is the young woman who is not balanced to the other two.  The boy and father are dimmer because you haven't oriented them towards the camera.  Here they all are by default oriented to the camera.

However, you can go to the surfaces pane for any billboard you don't like and mess with the Diffuse Strength (for this one, I actually turned off limits on the young woman so I could dial Diffuse Strength above 100%):

I do have a Day at the Park one in my list that would have a lot more kids.  It is just there are a LOT of products on my list. 

There is the Modern Sitting Crowd for your other request.

BB Normal.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    BB Balanced.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited July 2020

Thanks for the fast response, so i can try it before I render :) (otherwise I would just accept a more bad result :< )

The problem with the man is that its not so easy to arrange, the boy should focus the "hotspot" but the camera is far away, so not the camera is the focus.

Yeah the sitting crowd is not bad, but sitting is just not allways perfect :D like in my first crowd scene, no one does sit.

Got that already :P

I love this:

its so cute <3 but sadly she is not walking, would be cool (but impossible) if it would be possible to change bot/top, like make a sitting pose into a walking pose :D A mother with a little child on the arm walking through the city :)

Post edited by Loony on
    edited July 2020

without the Orient to camera, it is more dark.

when I orient it to the camera, the boy is no longer visible and the viewer have to assume what there is going on.

Adjusted the diffuse strenght (never played witht hat before :o )

The grandma did Ir educe, the man+kid did I increase strong and the walking girl a bit more.

Before:

The Boy get brighter, but the man not, a bit weird, if I go more stronger the boy starts shining and get invisible.

edited July 2020

That is the final render result, I moved the grandma here in the image to see her too.

The Ladys are good, but the man+kid are a bit dissapointing.

• Loony said:

That is the final render result, I moved the grandma here in the image to see her too.

The Ladys are good, but the man+kid are a bit dissapointing.

They are not properly oriented to the camera, by the look of it, so are fore-shortened left-to-right.

yeah billboards are not always perfect usable :(

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited July 2020
    Loony said:

Huh? There's an Orient script that will turn the billboard to face the camera. And 72 variants for each person/group at different angles - surely one of them must have the child looking in the right direction?

Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:
    Loony said:

Huh? There's an Orient script that will turn the billboard to face the camera.

But that was not wantd in this scenario, I wanted that the billboard is looking to the side not to "me" ;)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

Sorry, my post got taken before I finished typing - I was also asking about the 72 angle variants for that billboard - do none of them work for you?

no idea the renders are done and the scene is completed :P