Daz Iray noise panel missing

Hello, I'm having a strange issue where in the Iray render settings tab, the "Noise" section disappears in certain saved scenes but is still there if I open a new scene. My renders are also suddenly very jagged and this was not happening earlier, it just started. I have not updated anything or changed anything, I hadn't even closed Daz, it just randomly changed. I tried closing the scene and reopening it, the saved scene is permanently missing the "Noise" panel. The worst part is it seems to have affected most of my scenes saved before today. I have attatched screenshots, one of an empty new scene that still has the "Noise" panel, one with the scene in question, with the missing "Noise" section and one of the render, with the jagged edges. Thank you in advance for your help.

My pc informations is:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 on a Windows 10 pc.

NoisePanel.jpg
517 x 885 - 73K
NoNoisePanel.jpg
521 x 885 - 73K
JaggedRender.jpg
800 x 570 - 54K

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited July 2020

Jaggies are from not rendering long enough. The missing Niose option is likely because you save render settings with the scene and your older scenes did not have "show hidden selected". Best guess anyway.

Also check that you didn't get a GPU, driver from Windows. Microsoft still doesn't seem to believe that Nvidia can makes drivers for their GPUs.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • KixiePixie13KixiePixie13 Posts: 63
    edited July 2020

Thank you fastbike1... clicking "show hidden parameters" worked to unhide the noise, still not sure how I managed to mess that up, since I was working on the same scene the whole day and the noise panel only disappeared a while before I posted this. But it's solved, so it doesn't matter now.

As far as the jagged edges, that render was 100% done. All the settings were pretty much exactly the same as I use for every other render and this has never happened before. I thought maybe it was caused by the noise degraining part missing, but I'm really not sure. I've been using Iray since it became a feature in Daz and this has never been an issue, which is why I'm so baffled. Thank you though.

Also, I haven't had an update recently. Nothing has changed at all regarding my pc and Daz, so it is very confusing.

Post edited by KixiePixie13 on
  • Final Update:

Just in case anyone else runs into the same problems as I did. Both the noise panel being hidden and the jagged render issue has been solved. I'm honestly not sure what solution is what solved the jagged renders, because I did 2 things differently. I updated my Nvidia graphics driver and I also unhid the noise panel and set noise degrain to 1. I have attatched a cropped version of the fixed render (to match the original cropped bad render for comparison). Thanks to fastbike1 for your help. And I hope maybe this will help someone else if they're having the same issue and happen to find this.

NoJeggedEdges.jpg
    695 x 323 - 30K