GoZ to Daz Studio - Not sending back to DS from ZBrush

tl;dr: GoZ from Daz Studio is one-way trip: I can send a model over to ZBrush, no problem. It's sending back to Daz Studio that's the issue.

* DS version I have is 4.12.118, GoZ to DS is 1.9.118
* ZBrush 2020 1.4, current version.
* Mac Pro 2017, 10.5.5 Catalina
* All paths are linked to where they should be in DIM
* Yes, I have tried clearing the ZBrush GoZ cache several times now and relinking it to DS several times now.

I have also tried with the Beta build and the exact same thing happens. I also tried going to GoZ in the Product Library and all I get is the Windows version, which is utterly useless to me as a Mac user. 

Any advice is appreciated, because I'm at my wits end here and I'm ready to chuck DS out the window. XT

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Assuming that you use the command "Send to Zbrush" under the file menu, you should get a pop window (GoZ Export Options). Make sure that "Export with deformations" is checked' then you don't need to worry about existing morphs or the figure resolution.

What are you sending to Zbrush? Some older items have non-standard polygons (meaning more than 3 or 4 sides). Zbrush will normally point this out but GoZ skips this part and allows Zbrush to convert to triangles without warning you. Then when you send the item back via GoZ, you will get a topology change error message.

• EvieSEvieS Posts: 66

Isaac - stick to gravity and physics. You didn't even address the question asked. I too am having this issue and have had it for a while with no solution. When I use GoZ to send model back to DS, it starts a new, secondary instance (version) of DS running on my computer and tries to import it as a static prop. It is not reconnecting to the original version of the program for some reason. The connection is dropping. The pathways are all correct. I will scream if somebody tells me to check that again. If it wasn't correct, it wouldn't trigger the start of DS in the second version. This really shouldn't be happening at all. It's like DS isn't detected as running thus Z tries to start a new version of it like when you GoZ out (if Z isn't running it will trigger the exe. to start in order to receive the incoming model). 

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Hello

even if you see Dazstudio path in Zbrush you must make the link again.

So each time I update DS or Zbrush: I clear the cache a make manually a link again to DS4 in Zbrush (even if the updated DS4 is at the same location)

With this process I have no problem

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

I used this detailed way once with some trouble I had with  Zbrush 2020:

I uninstalled all Zbrush versions (2018, 2019, 2020) 

• I uninstalled Goz with DIM but the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\DAZStudio64 folder was not deleted (may be because of my DIM configuration)
    • I deleted manually the complete Pixologic folder
    • I installed Zbrush 2020.1.1 the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps folder was created again without DazStudio Folder
    • I installed "Goz for DazStudio 4.12+" with DIM and the DazStudio4 folder was created in GozApps 
    • Launch DS4, Goz, put the DazStudio path in the Goz Preference

• I am having this same problem.I just donwloaded and installed ZBrush 2021 and I can not get GoZ to export from ZBrush to Daz. I have tried everything that I have found by searching.

I click on GoZ in Zbrush and it goes to Daz but that's it. It doesn't give me any options like it should. It is driving me crazy. 

I originally had Zbrush installed on a different drive from Daz and thought that was the issue so I uninstalled it from there and installed it on the same drive as Daz but to no avail. 

This is very frustrating to say the least.

• Did anyone have any luck with fixing this problem?

• 1. uninstall and reinstall daz studio and goz for daz studio (for the most of the time Zbrush IS NOT THE ISSUE, daz studio IS THE ISSUE)
    2. check C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps to see if dazstudio64 is in there
    3. in Zbrush, go to preference>>GoZ, clear cache if necessary and reset the DAZ path (to daz studio.exe).

• in case anyone has this problem in the future as this is a old post. 

If your not able to send it all back to daz after sending it to Zbrush, and you already tried to reinstall the plugin, you should check your Perferences tab in zbrush. 

Try the following. 
    1. Click Pererences tab in Zbrush
    2. Locate GoZ
    3. One of the follow *probably will end up trying them all.See pciture. Read each prompt that pops up and try them. What ended up working for me was
    Force Reinstall 

goz.png
    476 x 462 - 50K