How to reset timeline DS

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I'm using DS 4.12.1.117, and am running a sim on a dress and shoes with the timeline. I followed vendor pdf for the sim and there is a cloth preset for the dress. It's a 30 frame sim where I posed the figure at frame 15, set  'Start Bones From Memorized Pose', then ran the sim.  Had a huge explosion and DS froze up.  Now I can't get rid of all those little pointy things on the timeline.  I want everything set back to it was at frame 0 before I posed and ran the sim initially (figure, dress, shoes). I don't want to reststart DS (unless I have to). I googled DS timeline topics, but they're from 2014 - 2017. None of them worked, (edit figure clear animation or edit object clear animation).  I don't want to save it out as anything since it's a beta test. It's just supposed to be a load, cloth preset and sim. Nothing else. 

how to zero out all tabs to zero.JPG
859 x 295 - 44K
Post edited by sapat on

Comments

• Edit>Figure>Clear Animation sub menu.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Even when I shut down DS reopen it and add the timeline, these keys are still there without loading anything.

I loaded the figure and clothes just now, and the keys are all in the same spot. I guess by sheer luck I click on one, it turns orange and I found a 'delete keys' in the flyout menu.  Is there any way to select all the keys at once and delete them instead of one by one? (tedious) I tried ctrl click and shift click and neither worked.

In the Edit-figure-clear animation, there's 4 choices. which one clears them all at once, or are you still stuck with doing them each?

which clear ani option gets rid of all tabs.jpg
    635 x 620 - 67K
    how to get rid of these keys.JPG
    1070 x 298 - 44K
  • You need to cliick the triangles on the left tto get down to the actual properties with the keys, then you can select and delete them. Unless you've overwritten the default base character file, or have DS set to load a scene on start/new, then you shouldn't be seeing the keys on a freshly loaded base figure.

Clear Figure will clear everything, the others are limited in what they target.

edited July 2020

You need to cliick the triangles on the left tto get down to the actual properties with the keys, then you can select and delete them. Unless you've overwritten the default base character file, or have DS set to load a scene on start/new, then you shouldn't be seeing the keys on a freshly loaded base figure.

Clear Figure will clear everything, the others are limited in what they target.

lemme try that. I'm dealing with an explosion, so want to reset everything.

Post edited by sapat on

Ok, thx Richard, that worked.