The hands of most of my characters aren't rendering with Iray?

TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23

The  discussion title pretty much says it all.
I can see the hands of my characters just fine (via Iray) in the auxiliary viewport but when I actually go to render my figures, their hands are missing!
Every character I've used to this point has had the same issue and I haven't been able to find a quick-fix solution. I checked that the body parts weren't hidden,  I updated my drivers on Nvidia, I tried restarting the software... Nothing is working and this has put a complete stop to my work. Anyone know what's going on?

I attached a pretty simple example of what's going on below.

AuxViewPort.PNG
337 x 263 - 52K
ActualRender.PNG
777 x 871 - 685K
Post edited by TheRenderer on

Comments

• What tool is active (Tools menu)? Does this happen even with a plain Genesis whichever female loaded into an empty scene? Were her gloves originally fingerless?

• What tool is active (Tools menu)? Does this happen even with a plain Genesis whichever female loaded into an empty scene? Were her gloves originally fingerless?

The universal tool is active right now, and I just tested  this with a plain genesis 3 model of the same type as one my character currently as, both with and without handwraps (which are indeed fingerless gloves). There were no problems that time....  Color me very confused now.

• Ok I think I at least narrowed down the cause of the problem. I have a .duf file that I can activate that hides the hands of the character it's applied to.  Apparently it's done something to the character such that even if the hands are manually toggled back to full visibility in the 'Scene' tab, the Iray render still interprets them as invisible even though the viewport says they're not.  This is highly specific but would anyone possibly have an idea  on how to fix that without having to essentially remake the character?

• Have you checked the Visible In render property for the hand bones? Have you looked to see if the file loads a new model into the scene (check to see if there is one parented to the base figure) - it might be set up as a GeoGraft, with the fingers set as its AutoHide group; if that is what is happening deleting the extra figure shuld restore the fingers.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

geografted gloves?

• TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23
    edited June 2020

Have you checked the Visible In render property for the hand bones? Have you looked to see if the file loads a new model into the scene (check to see if there is one parented to the base figure) - it might be set up as a GeoGraft, with the fingers set as its AutoHide group; if that is what is happening deleting the extra figure shuld restore the fingers.

I don't see any new models being implemented to the base figure on execution of the script (feel free to check yourself) so I think I'm squared away there.. Where can I check the 'Visible In Render' property for the hand? I'm looking around my layout and nothing's jumping out (sorry a bit new to this haha). That sounds like a promising solution though, and it would save me from a good 5+ hours of having to remake my characters!

Edit: That was indeed the issue! Thank you so much, Richard!  I've logged this away for later!

Genesis3FigureDropdown.PNG
    455 x 645 - 29K
    Post edited by TheRenderer on