Can't Install DAZ ???

I've been a long time DAZ user and now for some reason when I decided to update through DAZ Central it won't actually install DAZ.

I click "install" it asks if I want to allow DAZ Install Manager Helper to make changes, I click "yes" nothing happens.

Open DAZ Install Manager, I go to "Ready to Install" tab, DAZ 4.12 shows up, I click "Install", it goes from 0-100% and moves into the "Installed" tab, nothing happens. No DAZ.exe anywhere to be found, no desktop shortcut. What am I missing????

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Just a hint, i do not recommend to go on the newest Daz version, its still full of problems. Version 4.12.1.0 something the version 4.12.0.8 is much more stable.

the series number is something like 0.8 and the new 1.0 is unstable, even if it got released as stable version.

• myutogarumyutogaru Posts: 60
    Loony said:

Just a hint, i do not recommend to go on the newest Daz version, its still full of problems. Version 4.12.1.0 something the version 4.12.0.8 is much more stable.

the series number is something like 0.8 and the new 1.0 is unstable, even if it got released as stable version.

Welp, that sucks. I clicked install in DAZ Central and my desktop shortcut got deleted. Guess I have to wait for the next stable version to be able to use DAZ again.

The public build seems to be alright so far.

Thank you for the advice though. I'll be sure to remember that for future reference.

• Loony said:

The new version of Daz 4.12 will pop up in your DIM downloads automatically. I let it install, thinking nothing of it only to find that when I open Daz now, it's a ghostly white colour.

• myutogarumyutogaru Posts: 60
    Loony said:

The new version of Daz 4.12 will pop up in your DIM downloads automatically. I let it install, thinking nothing of it only to find that when I open Daz now, it's a ghostly white colour.

Uff. Yikes.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Ghostly white UI usually is the result of updating Studio while it was running.  Make sure Studio isn't running, un-install, play a few rounds of minesweep, then re-install.