i keep losing the desk top incon..program also...?

Hey,,its like i no longer have permission to use Daz....? every time i install program ,install content,,,it all disappears..i am not uninstalling any thing,,would you take a look if i need to open a ticket please let me know...thanks 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

How and where are you installing it? And what do you mean exactly by "it all disappears"?

• 1234MATT1234MATT Posts: 219

its installed to the default location..C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library...now there is content there and most of it.

the normal old location was ..C:\Users\popsh\Documents\Daz....but nothing is there except install manager and in an upper folder,,,,

the real kicker is that the program icon is completly gone from the desl top...abd i dont find Daz. EXE any where, but that dont mean i know where to look either haha.

• That is the default l;ocattion used for Install Manager. Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/ is the default for saving files, and was the default for pre-DUIM installers.

DS should in the Windows logo button (Start)>Daz 3D>Daz Studio 4.12 (64 bit).

i found the desktop icon in the recycle bin...just now. i got rid of it . not knowing whats going on,,,,i will go to your place and find the start .exe..thanks i will let you know what happens

ok,,the start was gone,,only hexagon remainded....i can reinstall the program without meessing conten ...right?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392
    1234MATT said:

i can reinstall the program without meessing conten ...right?

Yes, reinstalling the program won't affect content.