DazCentral Removed all my Smart Content from Daz Studio WTH!

I installed DazCentral thinking it would be a better way to view all my content, but it doesn't show any renderosity stuff... I spent months adding renderosity items to my database now I notice inside Daz Studio my Smart Content is no longer showing any items from anything. WHAT THE HELL!!!

I don't want to use DazCentral and I want my Smart Content back what the hell is up with this??? How do I fix this??

Comments

• Bad move. I won't ever install it until I'm forced to. I'm comfortable with using DIM to install all my DAZ content & manually installing Renderosity content into MyLibrary. If my database ever gets screwed up due to something like this, I'll probably have to uninstall & reinstall DAZ. Fortunately for me, I don't own tens or hundreds of pages of content, so it wouldn't be as bad for me compared to many of the others here.

• Were you using a non-default location for the Content Cluster (the actual database)? If so reset that in DS in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings, or in Edit>Preferences>Content>Content Directory Manager You should also check that your content directories are still set correctly in Content Directory Manager

• I removed the program and I found my CMS folder back in Daz Studio so I got my Content menu back. Yes I moved my Content Cluster to it's on drive because my C: Drive was running out of space. I don't know why Companies force every program you install to install only on the C: drive. The Content database has been a bane in my side ever since I started using this program. You guys really need to make it much more easier to manage.

Also this DazCentral needs to me more universal, Daz products aren't the only thing people use in Daz Studio. All the work I put into getting outside products to work in Daz Studio Content Database never showed up in DazCentral when it worked the first time I installed it.

• I removed the program and I found my CMS folder back in Daz Studio so I got my Content menu back. Yes I moved my Content Cluster to it's on drive because my C: Drive was running out of space. I don't know why Companies force every program you install to install only on the C: drive. The Content database has been a bane in my side ever since I started using this program. You guys really need to make it much more easier to manage.

DS itself will use the Documents folder, wherever that is at installation.

Also this DazCentral needs to me more universal, Daz products aren't the only thing people use in Daz Studio. All the work I put into getting outside products to work in Daz Studio Content Database never showed up in DazCentral when it worked the first time I installed it.

Daz Central is a tool for Daz content. The full Install Manager is more flexible.

• 2sharp2sharp Posts: 54

I purchased 3 new products from Daz Studio and was told I needed Dazcentral. Downloaded it and then downloaded the files.Those three are the only products listed in my Smart content and they show up with the warning image and loading them into daz gives "could not open file: File does not exist.  How can that be when Dazcentral installed the character? So now what happened to the $1000 dollars worth of files I bought. I always used the default DIM install with no problems and Dazcentral "installed" the last three. Please help

• 2sharp said:

I purchased 3 new products from Daz Studio and was told I needed Dazcentral. Downloaded it and then downloaded the files.Those three are the only products listed in my Smart content and they show up with the warning image and loading them into daz gives "could not open file: File does not exist.  How can that be when Dazcentral installed the character? So now what happened to the $1000 dollars worth of files I bought. I always used the default DIM install with no problems and Dazcentral "installed" the last three. Please help

Nothing requires Daz Central, Install Manager still works. You probably just need to reset your content directories to those used by DIM - download this script and drag it into the DS Viewport to run it.

Thanks for your response. I apologize for missing something but I do not find the "script" you said to download.

I guess dazcentral changed daz content directories. I also guess I won't be able to see my Renderosity files. Can I just uninstall Dazcentral and things will be normal and working again? Many thanks for help.