Dome Size/Background with HDRIs

I'm uncertain if I can put my problem in proper words, but I'll give it a shot! 

I'm using https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-hdri for a space station set up (using the 6th image on the last photo, the central planet surrounded by rings), but I'm only getting a small portion of the planet in my render. It's like the background is super zoomed in. 

Things I have tried: 

Changing Dome to Finite Sphere
Adjusting Dome Scale Multiplier (doesn't seem to do anything but make it a different color??? If I go to like -50,000. Still no noticeable change in size. Very strange)
Adjusting Dome Radius (same effect as above)
Zooming really far out (it shows more of the planet and it's on the right track, but after a certain distance it doesn't seem to change)

All of the other threads I have found through the Google Machine have been saying to adjust Dome Scale Multiplier, and that seems to do the trick for everyone else. My current settings are as follows (I can provide more on request)

Environment Mode: Dome and Scene
Dome Mode: Finite Sphere
Environment Intensity: 1
Environment Map: 2
Dome Origin, Orientation, and Rotation are all at 0.

Reference Photos:
1: Zoomed out of scene. DSM and DR at 100% and 100%
2: Actual shot I want to take. DSM and DR at 100% and 100%
3: Actual shot I want to take. DSM and DR at 5% and 5%
4: Actual shot I want to take. DSM and DR at -50,000% and -50,000% (the same effect happens at +50k/+50k)
5: Actual shot I want to take. DSM and DR at +50,000% and -50,000%, respectively

I got tired of waiting on the renders, so they got progressively worse, but the point should be made. Send halp.

space1.png
711 x 400 - 416K
space2.png
711 x 400 - 508K
space3.png
711 x 400 - 595K
space4.png
711 x 400 - 568K
space5.png
711 x 400 - 612K

Comments

• I'm not cllear what it is you want to achieve. If you want to see more of the dome image you need to use a lower forcal llength on the camera to get a wider field of view (and move the camera closer to the figure)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

This is a super old post but in case anyone else stumbles upon this and has the same issue:

To get more of the HDRI Planet into the scene you will likely need to increase the Render's Width - by a lot. For a scene like this, if you want the planet smaller, I highly recommend rendering out the HDRI background separately, increasing the width of the render (not the height of the render). The larger the width the more you SHOULD start seeing the HDRI planets smaller. Once you get the planets to the size you want, render that HDRI by itself. Then go to render the rest of the scene but turn the Environment Map Off, which will render the rest of the scene with transparency, allowing you to layer it on top of the previously rendered HDRI background.

I was having the same issue until I figured out the "increase the render width" trick. Hopefully, it's a help to anyone else who may have the same problem. :)